WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   ProgPower -- Atlanta, GA -- September 10th-11th, 2010 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=14621)

coltongsmith 09-12-2010 11:19 AM

ProgPower -- Atlanta, GA -- September 10th-11th, 2010

City: Atlanta
State: Georgia
Venue: Center Stage
Date: September 10-11, 2010
Tour: ProgPower XI
This was my first ProgPower and will definitely be coming back next year. Almost every band was amazing and I was on the rail for most of the show.
First up was Illusion Suite. They started the show off pretty good but they were the worst band of the night. But they were still pretty dam good.

Setlist
Scarlet Skies
The Wire
Once We Were Here
The Passage
A Ghost From the Past

Blackguard was a last minute addition since Turisas dropped off. Even though they tour here quite often, they put on an amazing show and sounded amazing. Will definitely be seeing them with Epica in December.

Setlist
Allegiance
In Time
The Sword
Cinder
The Fallen
The Last We Wage
Scarlet to Snow
Farewell
This Round's on Me:party:

Next was Leaves’ Eyes. They delayed almost an hour because of a laptop issue and there set was cut because it. They were great except all the dam smoke. At certain times you could barely see anything.

Setlist
Njord
My Destiny
Emerald Isle
Take the Devil in Me
Ragnarok
Elegy
Frøya's Theme:rocker:

Seventh Wonder was a surprising prog band and received great attention and love from the audience.

Setlist
Unbreakable
Hide and Seek
Tears for a Father
Alley Cat
Not An Angel
Welcome to Mercy Falls
Taint the Sky
The Black Parade

Tyr was amazing and great show of Viking metal. They performed with power and skill and made me pissed I had missed them on tour last year.

Setlist
By The Sword In My Hand
Tróndur í Gøtu
Regin Smiður
Ólavur Riddarós
Sinklars Vísa
Hail to The Hammer:rocker:
Hold The Heathen Hammer High:rocker:
Northern Gate
Lokka Táttur
The Wild Rover
Ramund Hin Unge

Nocturnal Fucking Rites. Dam this band was amazing and were the best of the night. They played all the good songs and more. I was told they were going to play an encore but got the curtain shut on them then the stage hands didn’t know about the encore.

Setlist
Call Out to the World
Never Again
Cuts Like a Knife:rocker:
New World Messiah
Shadowland
Never Trust
The Iron Force
Strong Enough
Not the Only
Leave Me Alone
Fire Comes to Ice:rocker:

Unplayed Encore According to Setlist on Stage
Afterlife
Fools Never Die
Against The World

Finally the Friday night headliners, Kamelot. Even though they had Michael Eriksen form Circus Maximus due to Roy Khan’s illness they still did a great job. There were also a few surprise guests on the set.

Setlist
Rule the World
Ghost Opera
The Great Pandemonium
The Human Stain
Center of the Universe
A Sailorman's Hymn Duet with Eliza Ryd of Amaranthe :rocker:
Instrumental
Nights of Arabia
When the Lights are Down
Keyboard Solo
The Haunting With Charlotte Wessels of Delain:rocker:
Hunter's Season
Eden Echo With Tommy Karevik of Seventh Wonder on Vocals
Drum Solo
Forever

The Black Halo
Karma With Backing Singer Jake E of Amaranthe on Lead Vocals
March of Mephisto

Seventh Wonder did a show for Gold badge only before the festival started on Saturday.

Setlist
Tears for a Father (acoustic - just Tommy and Johan)
One Last Goodbye (acoustic)
Pieces (acoustic)
Hide n Seek
Banish the Wicked
Alley Cat
Unbreakable
In the Blink of an Eye (from "Become")
Mercy Falls (actually titled "Mercy Fuck" on the setlist itself)
The Edge of My Blade (with a brief Dream Theater intro)

StormWarrior opened up Saturday with a band and continued the metal madness from Friday. Another great example of speed metal from Germany.

Setlist
Heading Northe
Metal Legacy
Valhalla
Odinn's Warriors
Thunderer
Iron Gods
Signe Of The Warlorde
Heavy Metal Fire
Into the Battle We Ride

Oceans of Sadness from Belgium was second. This band stood out because they were one of only two bands that actually screamed while singing. They were a great Belgian prog band. They also were recognized as a great band as they played.

Setlist
Subconscious
Between The Lines
From Then On
For When You Sleep, My Love
Accepting Our Weakness
In the End
Some Things Seem So Easy
Roulette

DGM was third. This band was a perfect example of Italian power metal. The guitarist shredded while the vocalist belted out the notes like an opera singer. The only problem was the mics during some of the songs would cut out.

Setlist
Heartache
Enhancement
No Looking Back
Hereafter
Some Day, One Day
Not In Need
In A Movie
Away
Brand New Blood
New Life

Delain was probably the one band I wanted to see the most. Their albums are amazing and their live stuff is even better. Charlotte was as beautiful as ever and sang like a goddess. What topped this performance as number one was the two songs where Marco came out and sang with her.

Setlist
Invidia
Stay Forever
Go Away
Sever
April Rain
The Gathering With Marco
Control the Storm With Marco :rocker:
Virtue and Vice
Sleepwalkers Dream
Frozen
Nothing Left
Pristine

Tarot did an amazing job and Marco and the gang put on a great show. They were fun and interacted with the crowd for most of the set. The funniest thing to me was when Marco grabbed two bananas and put them two his head like horns and said he was the devil. They were fun and played their better songs.

Setlist
Sleep In The Dark
I Walk Forever
Satan Is Dead
Crows Fly Black:rocker:
Tides
Calling Down The Rain
Hell Knows
The Color of Blood
Crawlspace
Pyre of Gods
Rider of the Last Day
Traitor

The final band for the festival was the mighty HammerFall. They got the crowd pumped after the 45 minute set up and woke up everybody in the seats and floor. They killed on every song and their reputation stood up. This was also the last concert of this current tour.

Setlist
Punish and Enslave
The Dragon Lies Bleeding
Crimson Thunder
Hallowed by My Name
Renegade
Last Man Standing
Blood Bound:rocker:
Heeding the Call
Rebel Inside
Any Means Necessary
Stronger Than All
Riders of the Storm

Secrets
Let the Hammer Fall
Hearts on Fire With Jake E from Kamelot and Amaranthe and Jonny Lindkvist from Nocturnal Rites:rocker:

Overall worth the money and time. This was an amazing experience and I had a hell of a time. Next year is going to be just as good and probably better.

ProgPower XII

Friday

Creation’s End
Voyager
Eldritch
Mob Rules
Arcturus
Sanctuary (Headliner)

Saturday

Haken
While Heaven Wept
Red circuit
Labyrinth
Dream Evil
Therion (Headliner)

JuuKun 09-12-2010 11:53 AM

Decent Tarot set, I guess. I wanted to be there so badly this year to see them. I would have been pleased with anything they played, and seeing both Crows Fly Black & Tides in there is awesome. I'm hoping to see a full setlist to see what else they played. There's a serious lack of old material in that list, even if it's incomplete. I would have loved to hear Follow Me into Madness.

Really good Kamelot setlist, too, I wish they were still doing the tour with Michael.

According to someone on the PP forum who got the setlist from the stage, the unplayed Nocturnal Rites encore was Afterlife, Fools Never Die, and Against The World.

Maiden33 09-12-2010 12:46 PM

I would have been PISSED to have that Nocturnal Rites setlist cut. That is complete shit. If the whole thing had been played it would've been a very good setlist. But a Noc set without Fools Never Die and Afterlife just isn't complete. Then again, maybe I shouldn't be saying anything since I didn't get to see the show at all.

The Seventh Wonder set is nice. Unfortunately short, but for the time they had, they picked great stuff. I probably would've substituted the new track out for "Not an Angel" though. Great Mercy Falls selections though.

Kind of upset that apparently no one has been able to give any semblance of a DGM setlist.

coltongsmith 09-12-2010 04:54 PM

[QUOTE=Maiden33;303506]I would have been PISSED to have that Nocturnal Rites setlist cut. That is complete shit. If the whole thing had been played it would've been a very good setlist. But a Noc set without Fools Never Die and Afterlife just isn't complete.

Kind of upset that apparently no one has been able to give any semblance of a DGM setlist.[/QUOTE]

yeh Fools Never Die and Afterlife would have topped their great performance. even though they did pretty dam good it lacked the final bang

DGM setlist was handed to the guy two people over and couldn't get a pic of it before he walked away in the crowd

Maiden33 09-12-2010 09:24 PM

I got this from the ProgPower board, the Seventh Wonder set for their exclusive gold badge show at The Loft on Saturday afternoon:

Tears for a Father (acoustic)
One Last Goodbye (acoustic)
Pieces (acoustic)
Hide and Seek
Banish the Wicked
Alley Cat
Unbreakable
In the Blink of an Eye
Welcome to Mercy Falls
The Edge of My Blade

Also, they claim the Friday night setlist included "Not an Angel" between Alley Cat and Welcome to Mercy Falls.

coltongsmith 09-13-2010 06:11 AM

[QUOTE=Maiden33;303606]

Also, they claim the Friday night setlist included "Not an Angel" between Alley Cat and Welcome to Mercy Falls.[/QUOTE]

fixed. thanks for the update. know if we can get a confirmed DGM setlist we will be good

JuuKun 09-13-2010 08:06 AM

Someone on the ProgPower board mentioned that Tarot did their cover of Blue Oyster Cult's "Veteran of the Psychic Wars".

As for DGM, found this posted:

Heartache
Enhancement
No Looking Back
Hereafter
Some Day, One Day
Not In Need
In A Movie
Away
Brand New Blood
New Life

Maiden33 09-13-2010 08:41 AM

As expected, the DGM set focused heavily on new stuff, which is not a problem, as I love their last two albums. I'm guessing Heartache was a fantastic opener, provided they did what I'd assume and had the intro over the PA.

ImmortalEmperor 09-13-2010 10:30 AM

[QUOTE=JuuKun;303634]Someone on the ProgPower board mentioned that Tarot did their cover of Blue Oyster Cult's "Veteran of the Psychic Wars".
[/QUOTE]

Yes they did - to me, one of the highpoints of their set.

coltongsmith 09-13-2010 01:01 PM

[QUOTE=ImmortalEmperor;303651]Yes they did - to me, one of the highpoints of their set.[/QUOTE]

do you remeber where they played it on the setlist?
i thought there was another song played that night