WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Misinformation and Propaganda (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   ProgPower USA XII (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=14612)

JuuKun 09-10-2010 11:07 PM

ProgPower USA XII

Lineup announced via video played after Kamelot's set at tonight's show, with Glenn tweeting the bands as they were announced.

September 14th - 17th, 2011

WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 14TH
Evergrey (Acoustic)

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 15TH
Evergrey
Vanden Plas

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 16TH
Creation's End
Darkwater
Voyager
Eldritch
Mob Rules
Arcturus
Sanctuary

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 17TH
Haken
While Heaven Wept
Red Circuit
Labyrinth
Dream Evil
Therion

Really good lineup IMO. Seeing Therion is pretty much one of my life goals, so if I can make it down next year, I'd like to.

Derelict 09-10-2010 11:13 PM

Arcturus? HOLY SHIT. I wonder who's in the band?

maidenpriest 09-10-2010 11:25 PM

as much as i love Sanctuary i feel like it would be a weak headliner with only two albums to play off of. Therion would be awesome to see though.

Maiden33 09-11-2010 03:33 AM

Easily the worst festival lineup ever. Jesus fucking christ. ONE band I genuinely want to see? Wow.

DethMaiden 09-11-2010 08:02 AM

Arcturus, Sanctuary, While Heaven Wept, Therion? ProgPower is really trying to distance itself from, well, prog and power.

IrritatedTrout 09-11-2010 10:22 AM

Arcturus is awesome.

JuuKun 09-11-2010 10:42 AM

[QUOTE=IrritatedTrout;303380]Arcturus is awesome.[/QUOTE]

That they are. Glenn's taking a risk putting this year's oddball band in such a high slot, but if I make it down to the show, I'll be so glad he did.

I do admit, though, when he gave out a hint saying that one of the high slot bands was an oddball, I immediately thought Ihsahn and I'm sort of disappointed that it's not him, but I never even thought Arcturus was a possibility.

Derelict 09-11-2010 01:51 PM

Is Garm involved? Or maybe Vortex since dimmu kicked him out? His vox on the chaos path is one of the coolest things I've ever heard.

JuuKun 09-11-2010 02:05 PM

[QUOTE=Derelict;303397]Is Garm involved? Or maybe Vortex since dimmu kicked him out? His vox on the chaos path is one of the coolest things I've ever heard.[/QUOTE]

No idea. Almost definitely Vortex, though. Just found an interview with him from last October discussing what he was going to do next:

"And for those wondering about the revival of Arcturus, I was told by an alien that 2011 is a lucky number..."

Since he's talking about it, I'd assume he's involved. I'm sure there'll be a press release soon enough.

SomewhereInTime72 09-11-2010 02:09 PM

[QUOTE=DethMaiden;303366]Arcturus, Sanctuary, While Heaven Wept, Therion? ProgPower is really trying to distance itself from, well, prog and power.[/QUOTE]

This.

Now, I like Therion and all but.

Wtf is this line up.