WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Uproar Tour -- Tulsa, OK -- September 8th, 2010 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=14590)

300%_Density 09-09-2010 12:11 AM

Uproar Tour -- Tulsa, OK -- September 8th, 2010

Well there are a few things in this post I never thought I'd say or admit to but what the hell.... This was alot better than what I ever tried to give it credit for. First off due to the lovely forecast in Tulsa the 2nd stage was moved to The Convention center just a few blocks down the road, kind of a weird place to have this at but beats the hell outta doing it in the rain.

For the most part the 2nd stage is just absolutely dreadful, nicest way I can put it. Only bands I even knew were Hail The Villian which for some reason even the 2nd time around seeing them they weren't half bad. Wouldn't go out of my way to see them or anything but still for some reason I find them enjoyable.

Shittiest news of the day was right after them that Hellyeah wasn't going to be playing b/c of "weather" issues... Even though apparently everybody else seemed to get there just fine. Still pissed about that. Biggest letdown of the day for sure. :finger2:

Actually went and met Halestorm and they were really some of the nicest people I've ever got to meet. Granted they aren't necessarily my thing but atleast they were nice enough people. Can't complain w/ that.

Left in the middle of Airbourne. Easily best band of 2nd stage... Might be kind of a backhanded compliment considering what they were up against but they were enjoyable the little I saw for them and would definitley like to see them again sometime.

After that walked back to the arena for the mainstage bands. This is where I continued to be surprised. Obviously Halestorm opened up the show. I was surprised in how much I enjoyed them. I think I saw them like maybe 4 years ago and just hated them. I'll give this to Lizzy, she can belt it out as good as anyone. Their set wasn't any different than what's previously posted. Their drum circle thing was pretty impressive. After seeing Soulfly a few times I feel spoiled when there is a drum jam like that but it was still very enjoyable.

Even though top to bottom the Stone Sour list wasn't my favorite it got better for one reason that I complained about a few weeks ago.....

Mission Statement
Reborn
Made of Scars
Say You'll Haunt Me
[B]Get Inside[/B] :rocker:
Your God
Through Glass
Digital
Hell & Consequences
30/30-150

Thank god. I think they said this was first time doing Get Inside on uprorar. Shame they got rid of Come(what) Ever May. I could name off like 3 songs I'd rather they get rid of but I got Get Inside, and THANK GOD still no Bother. New album my be decent but crowd not into new songs as much. But really for the amount of time they got I will not complain one bit at all. They helped me get over the Hellyeah disapointment.

Now to the part I never thought that I would ever say. Avenged Sevenfold started out more as a guilty pleasure for me and I'll be completely honest. I enjoyed the shit out of them tonight. Their stage setup blew away just about everything I think I have ever seen in a live show. Still not sure what to think of the hanging man all during "Nightmare", little odd... Obviously I was most excited to see Mike Portnoy for the first time. That drum kit he played was just absolutely sick. And he was just as amazing as I figured he'd be. Now it is kind of sad as I did not get the very sad Dream Theater news until right after the show. But he really seemed like he was really enjoying himself behind the kit. Surprised this was never brought up. For "Critical Acclaim" they actually use a prerecorded version of The Rev doing the chorus instead of somebody actually doing that part. Kinda glad Portnoy didn't do it, his vocals would just not work. I understand the tribute part but also I understand the live part as well. Obviously I'm not the one who lost a friend/bandmante so I have no need to judge, but it is kind of odd. So yea I may have went to the dark side but A7X had one of the best performances I've seen in awhile. I wanted to downplay them but they were phenomenal and I'm not even gonna hide that. Amazing stage set, alot of pyro, alot of blowing shit up. I'd definitley see them again. Never seen so many of one band shirts as I did A7X tonight. I think they almost doubled the amount of Disturbed shirts that I saw. Their set was same as well. Not sure of alot of the stuff off their new album. Might try giving it a little more of a chance. Obviously as well I'd like more from Pre-City Of Evil but that's probably not likely anymore. Oh well, one of the best shows I've seen in the year.

Yea....Disturbed.....Uhhh. I guess they did same set. Made it through like 4 or 5 songs and realized "Yea that's enough". And it made me realize "wow when I really enjoyed them at Ozzfest... That was 9 years ago". Luckily I have grown up musically since that time. Musically they have not. For all they were talking about their great stage setup it wasn't anything that hasn't been done w/ decent LED screens but really that was the extent of it. Avenged blew their stage the hell out of the water. Land Of Confusion was w/o a doubt the right time to leave. Might have had maybe 1 or 2 other songs I would have wanted to hear for nostalgia purchases but the nostalgia doesn't mean that much to me.

I'd say w/o a doubt one of the better shows of the year. Only negative was really horrible 2nd stage & getting stood up by Hellyeah for whatever reason. Get Inside made the Stone Sour set & I will await the finger of shame for going to the dark side of liking A7X. Disturbed is still stuck in Nu-Metal hell and are taking everybody w/ them.

Indestructible 09-09-2010 05:49 AM

[QUOTE=300%_Density;302776]

Yea....Disturbed.....Uhhh. I guess they did same set. Made it through like 4 or 5 songs and realized "Yea that's enough". And it made me realize "wow when I really enjoyed them at Ozzfest... That was 9 years ago". Luckily I have grown up musically since that time. Musically they have not. [/QUOTE]

Disturbed was great when I saw them on uproar. And I think they have matured alot musically.

imanidiot777 09-09-2010 06:43 AM

I'd say w/o a doubt one of the better shows of the year. Only negative was really horrible 2nd stage & getting stood up by Hellyeah for whatever reason. Get Inside made the Stone Sour set & I will await the finger of shame for going to the dark side of liking A7X. Disturbed is still stuck in Nu-Metal hell and are taking everybody w/ them.[/QUOTE]

Maybe Chad Grey was drunker than usual for some reason. When I saw them he was drunk before he even got on stage and he looked like a mess. It was awesome though lol.

GWAR654 09-09-2010 06:53 AM

Yea....Disturbed.....Uhhh. I guess they did same set. Made it through like 4 or 5 songs and realized "Yea that's enough". And it made me realize "wow when I really enjoyed them at Ozzfest... That was 9 years ago". Luckily I have grown up musically since that time. Musically they have not. [/QUOTE]

dude Disturbed gets better and better and more musically mature every cd.

Sanitarium78 09-09-2010 07:18 AM

[QUOTE=GWAR654;302811]dude Disturbed gets better and better and more musically mature every cd.[/QUOTE]

Yes they have. Indestructible and the new one are my favorite albums from them. Unlike Stone Sour who has regressed beyond belief with some of the crappy, poppy sounding shit they've got on their new one.

I feel the same way about Disturbed's show as the OP does about A7X's. To me they had nothing special that haden't been done before. All they do is have a big stage setup that looks cool but is nothing special that hasn't been done already. They add fire to every song so everyone thinks their show and songs kick ass but they don't at all. They just want everyone to think that by adding fire everywhere and blowing stuff up all night. I'm sure Beavis would love their show though:D

I thought Disturbed's stage setup was great. I'm not sure where you're coming from with it's not anything that hasn't been done before with LED screens? I've seen bands with video screens before plenty of times but I don't recall seeing any use one like they have. Is there some trend going on with LED's for bands live I'm not aware of? Disturbed's video screen on this tour is probably the highest quality and clearest i've ever seen a band have ever.

300%_Density 09-09-2010 11:35 AM

Guess I'll clarify a little bit. Lyrically yes I think Disturbed as stepped it up album to album. Musically no I don't think they have. It still just comes off as more updated Nu-metal riffing. I have listened to the new album. I've given every one of their albums an honest shot. The last album I bought was Believe and realized no I will not be fooled again. There is a reason the biggest responses they get are for songs released 7-10 years ago.

From a live point of view I'm just not that impressed w/ their live show. From a performance aspect. I will agree I might have been wrong w/ their LED screens as yes they were incredibly clear. Maybe it was more what they had going on those screens is what turned me off. But interviews they did before the tour really had them talking it up and A7X blew their stage out of the water.

AnthG 09-09-2010 11:48 AM

Asylum sounds exactly like Indestructible, and even Ten Thousand Fists sounds very similar to the too. I like Disturbed, but they're starting to stagnate already and recycle the same guitar riffs, drum beats, and vocal patterns. I wonder if it has become a habit for David Draiman to throw a "Rah" in every song now.

I saw the Uproar concert in Toronto. While I liked Disturbed, their set was a little bit boring and the setlist very predictable. It was my 4th time seeing them overall, and the 3rd time in 2 years (Mayhem festival and Canadian headlining run last year), so maybe i'm just burned out on them. Either way, i'll be avoiding them for the rest of this tour cycle even with new stuff being introduced into the set.

JLRedWing13 09-10-2010 05:37 PM

[QUOTE=300%_Density;302864]Guess I'll clarify a little bit. Lyrically yes I think Disturbed as stepped it up album to album. Musically no I don't think they have. It still just comes off as more updated Nu-metal riffing. I have listened to the new album. I've given every one of their albums an honest shot. The last album I bought was Believe and realized no I will not be fooled again. There is a reason the biggest responses they get are for songs released 7-10 years ago.

From a live point of view I'm just not that impressed w/ their live show. From a performance aspect. I will agree I might have been wrong w/ their LED screens as yes they were incredibly clear. Maybe it was more what they had going on those screens is what turned me off. But interviews they did before the tour really had them talking it up and A7X blew their stage out of the water.[/QUOTE]
The only nu-metal album Disturbed ever made was The Sickness...you can't seriously listen to any of the last three albums and tell me it sounds like Korn or old Slipknot.

Magson13 09-10-2010 05:41 PM

[QUOTE=JLRedWing13;303228]The only nu-metal album Disturbed ever made was The Sickness...[/QUOTE]

You're right. Because Disturbed just remakes the same album over and over, so the only album they ever really made was The Sickness

300%_Density 09-10-2010 11:54 PM

From the little I tried to listen to their last 3 albums they are still Nu-Metal riffs. Only way they tried to "distance" (and I use that term loosely) is to throw in the occasional solo which was absent from atleast their first 2 albums. To me the occasional solo was more to show that they could do songs w/ leads in them. Even though highly unnecessary. I'm sure Dan is probably a good guitar player but honestly this is not the band to be in to showcase his talent.

To reiterate my point... lyrically they have grown up. Musically still the same only now the riffs that are being used are not even as catchy as first 2.5 albums. W/ the occasional unnecessary solo. This was my 4th or 5th time seeing Disturbed. I did enjoy them years ago. I've continously given them chances for me to like them and each show is less and less enjoyable. Not being a dick, I've tried to like them, not feeling it anymore.

I can say their last albums don't sound like old Korn or Slipknot because I can still listen to their older stuff and still enjoy it. Which is what I cannot say for new Disturbed.