WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Bold statement: (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=14420)

DethMaiden 08-22-2010 08:19 AM

Bold statement:

Bruce Dickinson's vocal prime was spent outside of Maiden, and lasted approximately from 1997 to 1998.

Discuss.

in b4 nice thread fonzy lol

Sanitarium78 08-22-2010 09:17 AM

He showed more versatility in his voice during that time than he ever did before. You do have a valid argument with this. Though his voice on SIT and SSOASS are my favorite performances from him vocally.

powerslave_85 08-22-2010 09:37 AM

Nope. He was amazing on BNW.

DethMaiden 08-22-2010 10:37 AM

[QUOTE=Sanitarium78;299250]He showed more versatility in his voice during that time than he ever did before. You do have a valid argument with this. Though his voice on SIT and SSOASS are my favorite performances from him vocally.[/QUOTE]

This is what I mean. He could hit any note he felt like and belt it out with power. Sure, he probably couldn't have recreated Aces High in studio then, but he could have dropped the notes an octave and sung them more powerfully than he did in '84.

[QUOTE=powerslave_85;299255]Nope. He was amazing on BNW.[/QUOTE]

Hmm...he is quite good there too, and on DOD, but you can start to hear the straining that would characterize AMOLAD and TFF, and that was missing on the solo discs.

ChildrenofSodom 08-22-2010 10:55 AM

Yeah. Its almost as if he was younger in 1997 than he is now, but more experienced than he was in the 80s. Weird.

DethMaiden 08-22-2010 11:06 AM

[QUOTE=ChildrenofSodom;299264]Yeah. Its almost as if he was younger in 1997 than he is now, but more experienced than he was in the 80s. Weird.[/QUOTE]

:lol: Well, that's the Captain Obvious version. But I think a lot of people would say "HELL NO MOTHERFUCKER, PIECE OF MIND WAS HIS BEST SINGING! LISTEN TO THE TROOPER!" I'm suggesting that the combination of his "mature" voice and his big vocal range was his best...which should be seen as fact, and isn't.

ChildrenofSodom 08-22-2010 11:12 AM

[QUOTE=DethMaiden;299265]:lol: Well, that's the Captain Obvious version. But I think a lot of people would say "HELL NO MOTHERFUCKER, PIECE OF MIND WAS HIS BEST SINGING! LISTEN TO THE TROOPER!" I'm suggesting that the combination of his "mature" voice and his big vocal range was his best...which should be seen as fact, and isn't.[/QUOTE]

I've only ever heard Tattooed Millionaire and Tyranny of Souls, so I can't judge his solo stuff during that time period. But I thought he SUCKED on Virtual XI. Didn't sound like himself at all.

SomewhereInTime72 08-22-2010 11:17 AM

I actually really like the way he sounds when he strains himself on AMOLAD. 'Cause it sounds really powerful I guess.

powerslave_85 08-22-2010 11:17 AM

[QUOTE=ChildrenofSodom;299266]I've only ever heard Tattooed Millionaire and Tyranny of Souls, so I can't judge his solo stuff during that time period. But I thought he SUCKED on Virtual XI. Didn't sound like himself at all.[/QUOTE]
HOW IN THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN HERE THIS LONG AND NOT HEARD CHEMICAL WEDDING AND ACCIDENT OF BIRTH. HOW.

ChildrenofSodom 08-22-2010 12:22 PM

[QUOTE=powerslave_85;299269]HOW IN THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN HERE THIS LONG AND NOT HEARD CHEMICAL WEDDING AND ACCIDENT OF BIRTH. HOW.[/QUOTE]

Tattooed Millionare never really clicked, so I never checked out the other stuff. No one every said anything to convince me otherwise.

Also, I'm not a Maiden fanboy, I don't really buy CDs anymore, and I can't torrent. Oh well. Guess youtube clips (if i feel like it) will have to suffice.