WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Summer Slaughter -- Chicago, IL -- August 9th, 2010 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=14320)

bassmasta257 08-10-2010 06:13 AM

Summer Slaughter -- Chicago, IL -- August 9th, 2010

NEWS ABOUT VITAL REMAINS AT THE BOTTOM

ok, im gonna keep this short because i have to leave for vacation in like 5 minutes, but all of the bands sets were the exact same as all the other recent nights. And by all of the bands I mean all of the good bands, (IMO of course) Decrepit Birth, Decapitated, The Faceless, Vital Remains and Cephalic Carnage.

Decrepit Birth 9/10- Seen these guys before, their singer is cool as hell i was talking to him for quite a while after their show. Great performance, most brutal pits of the night with NO ninja bullshit

Cephalic Carnage 9/10- Everybody seemed to have a lot of fun during them, which surprised me because most people at the show looked like they wouldnt be fans of this band :eyes:. Also brutal pits, the same 20 people kept doing walls of death, there must have been like 10 of them thru out the whole thing :party:

The Faceless 7/10- Typical Technical death metal, not too many complaints about the performance, however there were WAY to many dancers. I got elbowed by some fuck throwing fists all around and had to crack my jaw back into place, my friend got hit in the face and my other friend got nailed and fell over, and whilst someone was picking him up someone fell on his knee and it bent the wrong way. Needless to say me and my friend were finding people who would let us launch them into the pit to take out the little pussies.

I was also talking to one of the security guard when my friend was getting medical help, and he was really a cool dude. He said, amongst other things that made me realize all of them are not asshole, that most of them like metal shows the best because everyone helps each other out :D

Decapitated 10/10- Wow, what can i say? It was the most pleasing band of the night and the most disappointing... Their performance was top notch, i was standing where i could get a good view of Vogg and his fingers are like fucking robots, that man is a guitar god. BUT COME ON they played soooo short!!!!!!! The show needs to be over at 9 30 at the house of blues, and it ended at 9 05! Everyone was chanting one more song at the end, and they could have easily done it! 2 or 3 even! oh well, theyll be back sometime.

Vital Remains 100/10- YEAH, the band that should be headlining! nothing new to say about their performance, except it was perfect! 3rd time seeing them and they never disappoint. But the real awesome thing was that between most of the shitty bands me and my friends were chilling in the back by their merch just talking to them about random shit for a good hour and a half or so, and i gotta they have to be the coolest band ive ever met :cool: I got tips about playing bass, and my friend got taught how to play Eddy's style of blast beats. We talked about all the shitty stuff happening in music, mainly Dio's passing, and made fun of the deathcore bands playing in the next room... which was funny because we were right next to this dude wearing a baby blue shirt selling Carniflex merch.

However the best news they told me is that 1) In November they are going to tour with DYING FETUS and CANNIBAL CORPSE :party: 2) They are recording hopefully in December and 3) THE MAIN REASON THEY DONT PLAY OLD SHIT is because their drummer doesnt learn it :tongue: Scott said he doesnt even want to tour anymore until they can play some of the old stuff. Im glad to hear that as opposed to some BS like they just dont wanna play it or something.

well thats it for now, i might go back and add shit later, i hope that this news isnt already known, i apolagize if someone else has already posted something similar

GWAR654 08-10-2010 06:15 AM

No fucking way. Vital Remains with fetus and corpse. Thats gonna be like fucking heaven. Thanks man

Rmeiselman 08-10-2010 07:14 AM

[QUOTE=bassmasta257;296180]In November they are going to tour with DYING FETUS and CANNIBAL CORPSE :party:[/QUOTE]
WHAT WHERE WHEN?!

bt11763 08-10-2010 08:16 AM

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS AMGAMGAMGAMAG

coltongsmith 08-10-2010 08:43 AM

[QUOTE=bassmasta257;296180]1) In November they are going to tour with DYING FETUS and CANNIBAL CORPSE :party:similar[/QUOTE]

I just cam.

that is an amazing lineup. that is a fuckin dream come true. i knew cannibal said back in april that they were touring with a death metal heavyweight and now im glad to see its vital remains.

idrinkwine732 08-10-2010 08:57 AM

[QUOTE=coltongsmith;296205]I just cam. [/QUOTE]

...Are you new at this?

bigguytoo9 08-10-2010 09:18 AM

[QUOTE=Rmeiselman;296186]WHAT WHERE WHEN?![/QUOTE]

YA MON, holy fuck. What a lineup.

Bloodcurse 08-10-2010 11:15 AM

Glad they finally announced that tour....I've been holding that info in since May!!