WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Goatwhore -- Dallas, TX -- August 7th, 2010 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=14303)

smearCampaign 08-08-2010 07:37 PM

Goatwhore -- Dallas, TX -- August 7th, 2010

Venue: Reno's

[U]Goatwhore[/U]
The All Destroying
Provoking the Ritual of Death
This Passing into the Power of Demons
In the Narrow Confines of Defilement
Carving Out the Eyes of God
Nocturnal Holocaust
Alchemy of the Black Sun Cult
Blood Guilt Eucharist
Sky Inferno
Forever Consumed Oblivion
Invert the Virgin :rocker:
Reckoning of the Soul Made Godless
In Legions, I am Wars of Wrath
Apocalyptic Havoc
9/10

[U]Protest[/U]
Clobbering
Corporate
Fueled by Hate
Turning Tide
Eves Error
Blood and Sand
Killian
Eye for Eye
Prophets
South of Heaven (Slayer)
Killcraft
Ghosts of War outro (Slayer)
7.5/10

Reno's is essentially a biker bar with a stage in a large room towards the back of the venue. The room holds maybe a couple hundred people. It was a pretty gritty venue :allan: and an excellent place to see the all mighty Goatwhore. This show was the first show back in two years for Dallas band Protest. So their crowd was comprised of many friends of theirs from Dallas area bands. The drummer/frontman of Absu being the most notable amongst the crowd. Protest sounded great and had a ton of energy on stage which translated to the crowd, making it quite a fun set to watch. Monumentally more entertaining than the average local opening bands. Goatwhore ended up getting onstage about 12:20 and played until about 1:30. They came out swinging and didn't let up for their entire set. When Ben would mention an album he would say something along the lines of "borrow it, burn it, download it, steal it; I don't give a fuck, but go back there and buy a t-shirt." I doubt they'll be playing this long of a set at their upcoming Ozzfest appearances, but I couldn't have asked for much better. They had 4 or 5 different shirt designs and they were all $15. Another highly entertaining show from Goatwhore. My neck is quite sore as I write this from the amount of drunken headbanging I did last night. :rocker:

bt11763 08-08-2010 09:52 PM

i am so fucking stoked to see them

larvtard 08-09-2010 03:59 PM

That's a really good set. Very long. I still can't believe I haven't seen them yet; they've been around here so much. One of these days...

coltongsmith 08-09-2010 05:24 PM

[QUOTE=loganarchy;296066]That's a really good set. Very long. I still can't believe I haven't seen them yet; they've been around here so much. One of these days...[/QUOTE]

Logan, they are gonna be in Athens and Savannah at the end of August. You have to see them. They will blow your mind.

larvtard 08-09-2010 05:37 PM

[QUOTE=coltongsmith;296089]Logan, they are gonna be in Athens and Savannah at the end of August. You have to see them. They will blow your mind.[/QUOTE]

I wish I could, but Athens is on a Monday night (and it's at a bar) and Savannah is too far :mad:

When did you see them? I know they were here about six times in the past year. They did one headlining show in February and a coheadliner w/ Daath a while back.

coltongsmith 08-09-2010 05:43 PM

[QUOTE=loganarchy;296090]I wish I could, but Athens is on a Monday night (and it's at a bar) and Savannah is too far :mad:

When did you see them? [/QUOTE]

i saw them with Devildriver in Feb and headlining in March. i don't plan on missing them again when they come. I'll definitely be seeing them in Athens. and it turns out its in a bowling alley and not at that bar that it says on their myspace

larvtard 08-09-2010 05:53 PM

[QUOTE=coltongsmith;296091]i saw them with Devildriver in Feb and headlining in March. i don't plan on missing them again when they come. I'll definitely be seeing them in Athens. and it turns out its in a bowling alley and not at that bar that it says on their myspace[/QUOTE]

Oh, ok. Now I see why it's called Kingpin's :lol:

Yeah I really wanted to see both of those tours but couldn't make it to any of them. They were supposed to come here w/ Revocation in June (@ the Drunken Unicorn) but they canceled because they'd been here too many times or something :tp: Shame, I would've been able to go to that one.