WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Immolation -- New York, NY -- July 28th, 2010 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=14209)

Polock91 07-29-2010 12:07 AM

Immolation -- New York, NY -- July 28th, 2010

What a show. It's amazing how much more powerful a band can be when there's no security guard between them and you. It's ridiculous how much harder it can hit you when you're practically face to face with the people that you call idols. Immolation are easily one of the fiercest bands to ever hit the death metal scene, much less NYDM, and Arsis are well on their way to being the same (as long as they continue to write albums better than We are the Nightmare, at least).

[B]Arsis[/B]
?
Forced to Rock
?
Ten of Swords
We are the Nightmare
Sightless Wisdom
Guilt and Dust
Promise of Never
The Face of my Innocence

[B]Immolation[/B]
The Purge
Unholy Cult
Den of Thieves
Majesty and Decay
Swarm of Terror
Burial Ground
Glorious Epoch
World Agony
Father, You're Not a Father
A Thunderous Consequence
Dawn of Possession
Power and Shame
Harnessing Ruin
Passion Kill

These guys are definitely one of my favorite live bands; I can't wait to see them this September with Vader.

bassmasta257 07-29-2010 12:12 AM

damn this must have been an insane show, Immolation is sooooooooooooooooooo brutal and heavy live!!!!!!!!!!!

kulamram 07-29-2010 01:06 AM

Local openers DISMA were a good fit with their doom-tinged death metal. Oh, and Arsis played "A Diamond for Disease" and "A March for the Sick"!

P.S. IMMO rules!!!!!

girnny777 07-29-2010 07:06 AM

WTF, I didn't even know this show was happening. Wherein New York was it?

makethemsuffer12 07-29-2010 07:34 AM

[QUOTE=girnny777;293334]WTF, I didn't even know this show was happening. Wherein New York was it?[/QUOTE]

Yeah same here. It doesn't matter for me because I went to Mayhem yesterday, but still I didn't know anything about this.

Polock91 07-29-2010 12:01 PM

[QUOTE=girnny777;293334]WTF, I didn't even know this show was happening. Wherein New York was it?[/QUOTE]

It was at the Studio at Webster Hall. It was a secret show for fans who weren't going to be able to make it to the donkey in September when they come back around with Vader.

KvltOvPersonality 07-29-2010 01:08 PM

Looks like a pretty brutal show. I would've gone if there wasn't that bullshit age limit. Being a young metalhead sucks, oh well. This is my second time missing Arsis live for some bullshit reason. If I were at that show, I would be kinda pissed that Immolation didn't play Close To A World Below. That song is fucking brutal, it sounds like an elevator ride down to hell.

Oh well, I can't wait for them with Immolation and Abigail Williams.

Crionics 07-29-2010 01:18 PM

Wow, nice bill!

bt11763 07-29-2010 02:39 PM

[QUOTE=makethemsuffer12;293341]Yeah same here. It doesn't matter for me because I went to Mayhem yesterday, but still I didn't know anything about this.[/QUOTE]

i knew about it bro, but i already had tickets to mayhem. oh well.

treghet 07-29-2010 06:41 PM

Nice and long set. I can't wait to see them!