WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Rush -- Saratoga Springs, NY -- July 23rd, 2010 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=14142)

Sanitarium78 07-24-2010 02:51 PM

Rush -- Saratoga Springs, NY -- July 23rd, 2010

The Spirit Of Radio
Time Stand Still
Presto
Stick It Out
Workin' Them Angels
Leave That Thing Alone
Faithless
BU2B
Freewill
Marathon
Subdivisions

Intermission

Tom Sawyer
Red Barchetta
YYZ
Limelight
The Camera Eye
Witch Hunt
Vital Signs
Caravan
Drum Solo
Guitar Solo
Closer To The Heart
2112 Part I: Overture
2112 Part II: The Temples Of Syrinx
Far Cry

La Villa Strangiato
Working Man

A fantastic and flawless performance by Rush last night at the Saratoga Springs PAC. I've seen them seven times now and they never seem to be off at all. The cool thing about this show is that it was a cloudy day and the venue is setup to where sunlight doesn't get through too much so we got the full light show for this show instead of having most of the first set in daylight:D

The venue's setup is excellent, there's a lower reserved seating area leading up back to the GA lawn. But they also have a balcony of reserved seats as well. This is the best amphitheater i've ever seen. If any of you get a chance to ever go to a show at the Saratoga Springs PAC do it, the venue is great.

All three sounded great and Geddy was hitting the high notes without any trouble and killing it on bass and keyboards. Alex shredded as he does all the time and Neil was GOD behind the drum kit. I can go on and on praising the band but this post would be too long:lol: Anyone who's seen them live knows exactly what i'm talking about.

Some of the highlights for me were the songs i've never heard them do live before TSS, Presto, Marathon and TCE. I also must compliment the audience, even though they played some more obscure songs in the set from SIO through BU2B the crowd still stood up for the whole thing and cheered loudly after every song even if they didn't know them. That speaks to how good of a live band Rush is that they're able to take a handful of lesser known songs and still get everyone there to say "yeah that song was damn good" after it's done.

Looking forward to the new album and another tour next year so I can bring my live Rush total up to eight:party:

JudasPriest89 07-24-2010 04:39 PM

This is such a sick setlist! :horns:

JLRedWing13 07-24-2010 10:55 PM

:horns:

Next year, I will bring my live Rush total up to one. :lol:

Travis The Dragon 07-24-2010 11:14 PM

I'm loving that set! Bring on Aug. 27!

Sanitarium78 07-25-2010 09:43 AM

[QUOTE=JLRedWing13;292088]:horns:

Next year, I will bring my live Rush total up to one. :lol:[/QUOTE]

:lol:

You'll enjoy it more than any other concert ever. They're just that good live. I'm not sure if i'm done seeing them this portion of the tour. I've got a decent job with some extra money now so i'm looking at a couple other shows I may go to yet before this leg is done.

JLRedWing13 07-25-2010 01:58 PM

[QUOTE=Sanitarium78;292146]:lol:

You'll enjoy it more than any other concert ever. They're just that good live. I'm not sure if i'm done seeing them this portion of the tour. I've got a decent job with some extra money now so i'm looking at a couple other shows I may go to yet before this leg is done.[/QUOTE]
I have no doubts about that. They're one of my favorite bands and have been for most of my life. :D

Sanitarium78 07-26-2010 06:08 AM

[QUOTE=JLRedWing13;292184]I have no doubts about that. They're one of my favorite bands and have been for most of my life. :D[/QUOTE]

They're my favorite band ever no one else even comes close to talking that from them. They've been my favorite since I discovered them back in 1993-1994 when I was in 10th grade.

Indestructible 07-26-2010 07:59 AM

This was my number one concert ever. Go see Rush live and you will see why they are the best band ever.
Highlights.
Marathon
time stand Sill
Presto:D
Vital Signs
The camera Eye

TonyD 08-08-2010 04:23 PM

Does anybody have an idea how long it was from start to finish? Including the intermission and everything.

snowdog2112 08-09-2010 05:12 AM

[QUOTE=TonyD;295888]Does anybody have an idea how long it was from start to finish? Including the intermission and everything.[/QUOTE]
3 hrs