WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Cynic -- San Francisco, CA -- July 23rd, 2010 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=14134)

TonyD 07-24-2010 12:56 AM

Cynic -- San Francisco, CA -- July 23rd, 2010

Review under construction

IntrOnaut: minus 2-3 old/new songs
The Literal Black Cloud
Australopithecus
Cavernous Den of Shame
Any Port

Cynic:
[I]Focus[/I]
Integral
Nunc Fluens
Space for This
Evolutionary Sleeper
The Unknown Guest
King of Those Who Know
Wheels Within Wheels
Adam's Murmur
Nunc Stans
COSMOS
Integral Birth

There wasn't a break like in LA because Paul said they started late due amp troubles, which led to them stopping half way through Veil of Maya and playing the whole thing over. But I don't mind hearing Veil 1 and a half times and Integral Birth twice.

idrinkwine732 07-24-2010 01:13 AM

[QUOTE=TonyD;291856]There wasn't a break like in LA because Paul said they started late due amp troubles, which led to them stopping half way through Veil of Maya and playing the whole thing over. But I don't mind hearing Veil 1 and a half times and Integral Birth twice.

Was I high or did they not play The Unknown Guest? It's not my favorite song so I don't really care, and that might have to do with why I forgot :lol:[/QUOTE]

Show was amazing. Crowd sucked. Yes, they played Unknown Guest, but they didn't announce it after Evolutionary Sleeper. I had the same thought on the drive home, but when I listened to it again, I remember it being played...

I will review later tomorrow after Tidal Wave.

TonyD 07-24-2010 01:25 AM

I was gonna mention that. I wouldn't say the crowd sucked, the 5 people who were moshing were throwing out the word faggots because nobody else wanted to mosh, but I don't take anyone seriously if they want to mosh to the intro of I'm But A Wave To...
There's nothing wrong with starting a pit during Uroboric Forms but Cynic isn't Slayer.

b_halperin 07-24-2010 01:50 AM

cynic seems like more of a band you see to appreciate the music being created rather than a band you go crazy to.

wish i caught this tour when it came through because paul says they won't be touring for a while after this one. oh well..

NecroRob 07-24-2010 02:27 AM

[QUOTE=b_halperin;291863]cynic seems like more of a band you see to appreciate the music being created rather than a band you go crazy to.
[/QUOTE]

This.

But, boys will be boys.

idrinkwine732 07-24-2010 09:49 AM

[QUOTE=TonyD;291861]I was gonna mention that. I wouldn't say the crowd sucked, the 5 people who were moshing were throwing out the word faggots because nobody else wanted to mosh, but I don't take anyone seriously if they want to mosh to the intro of I'm But A Wave To...
There's nothing wrong with starting a pit during Uroboric Forms but Cynic isn't Slayer.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I meant by the crowd sucked. It was filled with dudes who didn't know how to act at a Cynic show. Paul was all like chill but everyone was acting like they were playing Scream Bloody Gore.

Either way though, I'm ecstatic I got to see every song plus a Portal song.

TonyD 07-24-2010 10:47 AM

Yeah, if anyone is on the fence about going, this one is a go.

idrinkwine732 07-24-2010 10:54 AM

Also, if anybody thinks Integral does not deserve to be in the set, it certainly does. It was great right after [I]Focus[/I].

Intronaut were great too, despite the serious sound issues. They were quite professional with it. But that drum solo at the end was :drool:

illninoese 07-24-2010 12:42 PM

[QUOTE=TonyD;291856]
IntrOnaut: minus 2-3 old/new songs
The Literal Black Cloud
Australopithecus
Cavernous Den of Shame
[SIZE="6"]Any Port[/SIZE]
[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="7"]YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANY PORT!!!!!!!![/SIZE]