WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Soilwork -- New York, NY -- July 16th, 2010 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=14064)

girnny777 07-16-2010 11:24 PM

Soilwork -- New York, NY -- July 16th, 2010

[B]Death Angel[/B]
Lord Of Hate
Evil Priest (?)
Buried Alive
3rd Floor
Seemingly Endless Time
Kill As One
?
River of Rapture (new song)

[B]Soilwork[/B]
Late For The Kill, Early For The Slaughter
Night Comes Clean
Overload
As We Speak
The Flameout
Deliverance is Mine
Nerve
20 More Miles
The Crestfallen
Two Lives Worth Of Reckoning
Let This River Flow
Chainheart Machine
Follow The Hollow
----------
Stabbing The Drama

This show was kind of a disappointment. The Flameout and The Crestfallen were both nice surprises, but I was pretty underwhelmed at the rest of the set. I didn't really mind the 5 songs from The Panic Broadcast, except Let This River Flow which I fucking hate and would have loved to see Song of the Damned in its place. They ignored Steelbath and Portrait completely and only did one each from Chainheart, FNF and Sworn. Also the sound was kinda screwy up until Nerve, with the guitars overpowering everything else. Also it was loud as [I]fuck.[/I]

That being said, they were very energetic and like I said there were some nice surprises.

EDIT: Dammit, I just checked the setlist from the show at Jaxx and apparently they had to cut Natural Born Chaos, Neurotica Rampage and Rejection Role. Those probably would have made this show a lot more enjoyable.

Electric/Funeral55 07-16-2010 11:36 PM

I know how you feel, girnny777.

The billing reminded me of a pack of base ball cards. It was like got it, got it, need it, fuck it...what's the point? I can't say anything at all about Swashbuckle because I didn't catch their set. I thought Muntiny Within had a good stage presence. But, their style of music was like a drive by of random. It doesn't know if it's coming or going when it wants to be either prog metal, death metal, or a mixture both. I didn't catch Augury's set either. As for Death Angel. Well, were the tooth-chipping classic bubble gum which became pretty much the main reason why you bought that pack of baseball cards in the first place. Death Angel SHOULD have been the head liner and Soilwork would have worked better as direct support because even though Death Angel stuck out like a sore thumb on the bill. They did attract a VERY large crowd. Anyone here may beg to differ, if they like.

Maideneer 07-17-2010 08:17 AM

The show was great but not the best Soilwork show I've ever seen. They could have played a full set if they didn't have 100 opening bands all the time. I hate that, no one cares about most of them. One opener is enough...for every show.

Polock91 07-17-2010 12:37 PM

Augury played a great set, IMO. Way too short, if they ever came around on a headlining run, I'd be there instantly

[B]AUGURY[/B]

Jupiter to Ignite
Skyless
Simian Cattle
Beatus

BloodoftheKings 07-17-2010 01:58 PM

[QUOTE=Polock91;290310]Augury played a great set, IMO. Way too short, if they ever came around on a headlining run, I'd be there instantly

[B]AUGURY[/B]

Jupiter to Ignite
Skyless
Simian Cattle
Beatus[/QUOTE]

I couldn't hear the Augury vocalist at all. I have to listen to their studio recordings.

CapnAwesome 07-18-2010 07:05 AM

I think the full set, with Natural Born Chaos, Rejection Role, and Neurotica Rampage, isn't too bad overall. However I think it's funny they'd cut Rejection Role...as it's one of their most popular songs. I also like how bands like this cut their older material if there's not enough time, instead of cutting newer songs (points finger to Dark Tranquility)

If they really wanted to make sure time wasn't a factor in cutting the set, then they wouldn't be on a tour with 84029572409 other bands

BloodoftheKings 07-18-2010 01:38 PM

[B]Swashbuckle[/B]
Were bringing scurvy back
Back to the noose
Walk the plank
Cruiseship terror

Those are the only songs I could point out.

[B]Mutiny Within[/B]
Year of Affliction
Images
In the End
Reflections
Lethean
Awake

Not sure if that was the exact order but those are all the songs they played.

smearCampaign 08-02-2010 01:22 PM

Hey what was the order of the bands at this show?

If I go I do not want to miss Augury.

jhdeity 08-02-2010 01:33 PM

I'm seeing the show the 13th. It's listed as:

Soilwork
Death Angel
Augury
Mutiny Within
Swaschbuckle
Rest Among Ruins

evildeadjedi 08-02-2010 02:11 PM

[QUOTE=girnny777;290212]
They ignored Steelbath and Portrait completely[/QUOTE]