WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Vektor -- Richmond, VA -- July 15th, 2010 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=14056)

BrutalN00dle 07-15-2010 10:10 PM

Vektor -- Richmond, VA -- July 15th, 2010

Vektor US tour for the Black Future album. They unfortunately didn't get to headline the Richmond date, which featured them and 3 regional acts.

Vektor setlist:

Black Future
Asteroid
Hunger for Violence
Oblivion
Forest of Legend

Found out that Vektor was coming to Virginia, and since I had been pestering their facebook and Myspace with pleas for such, I was obligated to go. Venue called "Strange Matter" in Richmond, near VCU, a new bar/venue apparently. Got there and found out that our friends Throne of Carrion, who we'd recently played a show with were the first band on the bill, so we helped them haul their cabs in, and watched their set. Roughly 30 minutes go by, and Throne of Carrion finishes up. It's fucking hot inside the place, so my friend and I wander outside and run into some other dudes we know. Killed a few minutes, then went back in.

All set up, the drummer yells out "Ok, so 'Free Bird' first?" then David responds "Right, 'Free Bird' then Powerglove" they do a little sweep guitar intro and let the chord ring out and announce the song "Black Future". From here on out it was 30 minutes of incredibly technical guitar-playing, and the whole band was spot-on. They began "Asteroid" quickly after the first song, and played it perfectly. After that David was beginning to introduce "Hunger for Violence" when someone yell out "Where are you from" and David responds "Outer space". And then the same guy yells again "Where are you from?" and again "Outer space" until he just said "... but we crash landed in Phoenix, Arizona". They played this song and the next one perfectly, then had a small debate of which of their three epics to play. They settled on "Forest of Legend" and played it perfectly.

They struck down the set, my friend and I chatted with the lead guitarist Eric for a little bit, noticed that the singer of Municipal Waste was in the place but didn't bother to head over. Told Vektor to come back soon and drove home.

And for some shameless self promotion:

[I]If anybody is attending the Springfield, VA Enthroned/Destroyer 666 concert on August 5, PLEASE CONTACT ME, my band and I have tickets to sell.[/I]

idrinkwine732 07-15-2010 10:23 PM

:drool:

They couldn't make it to SF this tour, so I'm going to bitch until they do.

mankvill 07-15-2010 10:27 PM

:party::party::party:

Crionics 07-16-2010 04:47 AM

Wanted to see this, but was too close to my Maiden date.

BrutalN00dle 07-16-2010 07:00 AM

Didn't stop me :P, besides I figured that I could spare $7 for a band that's financing a tour themselves. I know Maiden doesn't have money issues.

Crionics 07-16-2010 07:35 AM

Yeah unfortunately I don't really make the decisions of my shows. No need to go further into it, We discussed it to death in the Upcoming shows thread haha.

BrutalN00dle 07-16-2010 08:07 AM

Ah that's a shame. I'll see you at Maiden then, regardless if we actually see each other.

JLRedWing13 07-16-2010 01:31 PM

Do want.

NecroRob 07-16-2010 02:12 PM

[QUOTE=JLRedWing13;290103]Do want.[/QUOTE]

Do want so fucking bad.