WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Exodus -- San Francisco, CA -- June 12th, 2010 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=13736)

idrinkwine732 06-13-2010 12:53 AM

Exodus -- San Francisco, CA -- June 12th, 2010

Heathen:

Intro
Dying Season
Control By Chaos
Goblin's Blade
Mercy is No Virtue
Arrows of Agony
Death By Hanging
Open the Grave
Hypnotized

Exodus:

The Ballad of Leonard and Charles
Beyond the Pale
Iconoclasm
Piranha
Downfall
A Lesson in Violence
Metal Command
Fabulous Disaster
Blacklist
War Is My Shepherd
The Sun Is My Destroyer
Impaler
Strike of the Beast
-----DIO JAM--------
Bonded by Blood
Hell's Breath
Toxic Waltz
Good Riddance

I'll review it in the morning, but this was an amazing show. Robb Flynn came out and did a song with them, but I can't remember for the life of me which song it was...

Jesus Christ this show was amazing. I was sorta bored until Heathen hit the stage, but once they started Dying Season the whole place kicked up. I was in front of Altus the whole time and they all looked like they were having fun. The bassist Jon Torres also had a killer bass face the whole set, but also was rocking out the whole time. Frontman David White is a natural entertainer, and his vocals live were top notch. They suffered some terrible sound problems throughout the night, some mic feedback and briefly White left the stage to attend to something. Despite the sound problems they were fantastic. Heathen are exactly what every thrash metal band should aspire to be, especially in a live setting.

Now, there aren't many bands that could follow the show that Heathen just put on, but Exodus certainly are one of them. Opening with the first two tracks of the album, there was little lyrical assistance from the crowd, but you wouldn't have known that the song was brand new. Everyone was moving just like they were playing a hit from the 1980's. Robb Flynn came out and performed a song with them, but I can't remember for the life of me what it was. If I had to take a stab at it, I'd say Metal Command, but don't quote me on that. Exodus brought out some rare ones on this show, and if Setlist.fm is any indication, they didn't play a lot of them at the other two record release shows. Impaler, Hell's Breath, Good Riddance and Metal Command all took me by surprise. It might have been too much for me to hope Zetro came out during Toxic Waltz, but it didn't happen again. Either way though, Exodus tore Slim's apart, and I expect to see them thrash the Bay up again in the future.

Onioner 06-13-2010 01:05 AM

Oh lord, yes this was GODLY. I met Gary Holt before the show and yelled "We're not worthy!" and bowed. Then after the show I talked to David White from Heathen and we talked about the new album and how much I loved the songs they played from it. He then told me Heathen are gonna headline here in the Bay real soon, but he didn't know when exactly. I sound like a giddy fanboy and frankly I was.

Also Robb joined in on either A Lesson In Violence or Piranha, but I can't remember which.

Also, I'm pretty sure War Is My Shepherd was after The Sun Is My Destroyer and before Impaler. I remember shouting for WIMS after Blacklist and then Dukes saying "Yeah that's right, new shit!" or something to that effect. But if you took notes, then I'll take your word over mine.

idrinkwine732 06-13-2010 01:22 AM

I have the setlist, and that's what is there. The order did seem a bit strange...

Hell's Breath though...:wow:

Y'know, did I share the rail with you during Heathen? I was the kid in the Slayer shirt.

Crionics 06-13-2010 04:47 AM

Hell's Breath, Piranha, and Metal Command? omg

larvtard 06-13-2010 09:07 AM

Shame they're not playing Funeral Hymm or Children of a Worthless God. Great set though

JLRedWing13 06-13-2010 09:35 AM

:mad:

NecroRob 06-13-2010 11:18 AM

[QUOTE=loganarchy;281648]Shame they're not playing Funeral Hymm or Children of a Worthless God. Great set though[/QUOTE]

This.

Still, that set is god damn sexy :drool:

makethemsuffer12 06-13-2010 11:55 AM

No more Deathamphetamine :(

Wyldeguitarist 06-13-2010 12:46 PM

[QUOTE=makethemsuffer12;281694]No more Deathamphetamine :([/QUOTE]

:bawling: I know!

Great fucking show though.

idrinkwine732 06-13-2010 12:46 PM

[QUOTE=makethemsuffer12;281694]No more Deathamphetamine :([/QUOTE]

But they added SOOOOOOOOO much more. I like Deathamphetamine, but I'll let it go to add any of the awesome songs they added.

Metal Command vs. Deathamphetamine...let me think about that one...