WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Nachtmystium -- Philadelphia, PA -- June 11th, 2010 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=13728)

kulamram 06-12-2010 06:04 AM

Nachtmystium -- Philadelphia, PA -- June 11th, 2010

First Unitarian Church
Tombs, a local band. opened. Good vibe! Then came the tour package: Black Anvil, Nachtmystium, Brutal Truth and Eyehategod. Black Anvil are incorporating a ton of new tunes into their set: Relapse album release set for the fall. Check these guys out, they have a great sound! Nachtmystium played one new one from "Addicts" with its almost completely new (tour?) line-up. Couldn't stay for the two headliners...i'm sure they kicked ass!

your true enemy
ghosts of grace
life of fire
a seed for suffering
hellish overdose
high on hate
one of these nights
assassins

daimonos 06-12-2010 10:07 AM

[QUOTE=kulamram;281353]First Unitarian Church
Tombs, a local band. opened. Good vibe! Then came the tour package: Black Anvil, Nachtmystium, Brutal Truth and Eyehategod. Black Anvil are incorporating a ton of new tunes into their set: Relapse album release set for the fall. Check these guys out, they have a great sound! Nachtmystium played one new one from "Addicts" with its almost completely new (tour?) line-up. Couldn't stay for the two headliners...i'm sure they kicked ass!

your true enemy
ghosts of grace
life of fire
a seed for suffering
hellish overdose
high on hate
one of these nights
assassins[/QUOTE]

Wow that's a good lineup. I didn't even know this tour was going on lol.

But that's a nice set from Nachtmystium. I'm suprised they're not playing more new songs, but then again it did just come out. I think most of the new ones would go over pretty well live.

Derelict 06-12-2010 10:43 AM

Good set - pretty funny that this tour was at the Church

daimonos 06-12-2010 11:20 AM

[QUOTE=Derelict;281394]Good set - pretty funny that this tour was at the Church[/QUOTE]

It's funny because the place that 90% of metal bands who go through Pittsburgh play in, Mr. Smalls Theater, is an old 19th Century or so church. Almost every band I've ever seen play there has made jokes about playing in a church :lol:

Derelict 06-12-2010 11:43 AM

[QUOTE=daimonos;281404]It's funny because the place that 90% of metal bands who go through Pittsburgh play in, Mr. Smalls Theater, is an old 19th Century or so church. Almost every band I've ever seen play there has made jokes about playing in a church :lol:[/QUOTE]

That's funny. The venue this show was at is seriously the basement of a functioning church, although they usually have hardcore and indie rock shows, as opposed to metal shows.

SplinterMech 06-12-2010 12:16 PM

Solid set, though pretty much the same as when I saw them with Marduk back in November, just with High On Hate in the place of Cold Tormentor (I Become) and no GG Allin cover at the end. I'm looking forward to seeing them on a future tour (hopefully either with Triptykon or headlining; I'd be cool with either).

maveboggz 06-12-2010 01:02 PM

Glad they're not playing more new stuff, because the new album blows.

treghet 06-12-2010 01:07 PM

Hm, I just checked out Black Anvil and they are pretty awesome! I don't know why I haven't heard of them before.

daimonos 06-12-2010 08:10 PM

[QUOTE=maveboggz;281427]Glad they're not playing more new stuff, because the new album blows.[/QUOTE]

You think so? Did you like Assassins?

Natrlhi 06-13-2010 07:05 PM

[QUOTE=daimonos;281540]You think so? Did you like Assassins?[/QUOTE]

Who cares - he's been a member for over a year and has eight posts. He's either trolling, or just offering a random opinion that nobody's gonna give two shits about in the future anyway. :rolleyes:

For my part, while I admit it took me a while to warm up to Addicts, I'm liking it pretty well now. For that matter, it took me a while to warm up to Assassins, too - and Nachtmystium in general. Their recent EP was actually the thing I liked the most right out of the box, but that's because the songs are so catchy. As a random collection of good bits it was fine, but as an album it rather sucked. That said, I'm glad they're still playing "Hellish Overdose" - that song kicks ass, even if it's not their typical style. :D "Life of Fire" rocks as well. :metal: