WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Bands that make you want to start a band (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=13653)

DethMaiden 06-04-2010 11:10 AM

Bands that make you want to start a band

Alright, Cameron and I have discussed this after concerts in the past, but for the rest of you: aren't there just some bands who, whether they're your favorites, or whether you even necessarily love them, make you want to start a band? They make it look like something that you could feasibly do, and have fun doing. Just curious if anyone else has bands like that, that after listening to them or seeing them live, you say "Damn, I should be doing this."

For me, these are the big ones:

-Lungs: Dayton post-rock outfit that do the loud-soft thing at a perfectly acceptable degree of awesomeness. They won't make any top 10 lists, but they have fans and people get that emotional rush at their shows.
-Krisiun: It's not particularly amazing death metal, but they're such energetic and great live performers, and they steer clear of all the "br00tal" as well as overly technical temptations inherent in the genre today.
-Off With Their Heads: Catchy, hooky, simple, honest punk rock with great workingmens' lyrics and mosh-ready energy.

Div 06-04-2010 11:21 AM

if i could choose id make a municipal waste/slough feg hybrid band

:D

ravenheart 06-04-2010 11:30 AM

[QUOTE=DethMaiden;278718]They make it look like something that you could feasibly do[/QUOTE]

Paul Di'Anno.

SomewhereInTime72 06-04-2010 11:35 AM

Not in a band, but it's mostly soundtracks that inspire me to write music, nowadays.

Maiden33 06-04-2010 11:40 AM

The best answer to this question for me is Edguy. They've always been their own management, produced their own albums, have a shit-ton of fun, have been the same core line-up for over a decade a now, and of course write/play music I really love. Watching them on and off-stage is really inspiring to me, that's what I think a band [I]should[/I] be.

powerslave_85 06-04-2010 11:42 AM

I realllly want to be in a band in the style of Off With Their Heads or Dillinger Four.

ravenheart 06-04-2010 12:20 PM

[QUOTE=Maiden33;278728]produced their own albums[/QUOTE]

Well... they help Sascha Paeth a bit... ;)

Maiden33 06-04-2010 12:23 PM

[QUOTE=ravenheart;278748]Well... they help Sascha Paeth a bit... ;)[/QUOTE]

I guess I should've said "until Rocket Ride", because the first 6 were all them. I'm not really sure why they started to work with Sascha, the last two albums don't really sound any better or different. Actually I might prefer the "Hellfire Club" production to both of them.

mankvill 06-04-2010 12:31 PM

High On Fire.

ravenheart 06-04-2010 12:32 PM

[QUOTE=Maiden33;278750]I guess I should've said "until Rocket Ride", because the first 6 were all them. I'm not really sure why they started to work with Sascha, the last two albums don't really sound any better or different. Actually I might prefer the "Hellfire Club" production to both of them.[/QUOTE]

Didn't Timo Tolkki produce one?