WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Mastodon -- Urbana, IL -- May 19th, 2010 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=13610)

es156 05-31-2010 09:37 AM

Mastodon -- Urbana, IL -- May 19th, 2010

Tour: Crack The Skye Tour 2010
Headliner: Mastodon
Support: Between The Buried And Me, Baroness, Valient Thorr
Venue: The Canopy Club, Urbana, IL
Date: May 19th, 2010
=========================================

Mastodon Set List:

Oblivion
Divinations
Quintessence
The Czar
Ghost of Karelia
Crack The Skye
The Last Baron

Crusher Destroyer
Crystal Skull
I Am Ahab
Capillarian Crest
Circle of Cysquatch
Aqua Dementia
Iron Tusk
March Of The Fire Ants
Blood And Thunder

Set Time: 9.31-10.57

Mastodon Lineup:

Guitar: Brent Hinds
Guitar: Bill Kelliher
Bass: Troy Sanders
Drums: Brann Dailor

This was my 5th time seeing Mastodon and as far as I am concerned they have all been great shows. I know there have been some less than favorable reviews on this site, but I have never been disappointed. I was on the rail in front of Bill and I didn't notice any problems with the sound or with Brent. It was really cool to see Crack The Skye performed in it's entirety again. I am still not tired of that disc at all. I was slightly disappointed that they skipped Ol'e Nessie, but the set list was still very good.

Between The Buried And Me.... sorry, but that band is :barf:

The surprise of the night for me was Baroness. I know there has been a lot of talk on this board about them but I guess I never really gave them much of a listen. The guitarists were great and the rhythm section was very tight. The songs were nice and heavy. Not a big fan of the vocals but I will definitely be checking them out in the near future. They remind me somewhat of Kylesa. I would like to see them on the next Mastodon tour, but with a direct support slot with a longer set.

JRA 05-31-2010 03:48 PM

[QUOTE=es156;277777]I was slightly disappointed that they skipped Ol'e Nessie, but the set list was still very good.[/QUOTE]

Did you suddenly start liking Remission or something?

evildeadjedi 05-31-2010 03:51 PM

[QUOTE=es156;277777]

The surprise of the night for me was Baroness. I know there has been a lot of talk on this board about them but I guess I never really gave them much of a listen. The guitarists were great and the rhythm section was very tight. The songs were nice and heavy. Not a big fan of the vocals but I will definitely be checking them out in the near future. They remind me somewhat of Kylesa. I would like to see them on the next Mastodon tour, but with a direct support slot with a longer set.[/QUOTE]

Baroness kills it live!!! :rocker::horns:

es156 05-31-2010 04:14 PM

[QUOTE=JRA;277889]Did you suddenly start liking Remission or something?[/QUOTE]

Yes, just started listening to it this year actually. Don't really know why I ignored it for so long.