WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   KISS -- Peoria, IL -- May 30th, 1990 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=13601)

jerry1013 05-30-2010 08:34 AM

KISS -- Peoria, IL -- May 30th, 1990

20 years ago today I saw my second concert ever, KISS at the Civic Center. Man it was crazy, wish I could remember more of it :D

I Stole Your Love
Deuce
Heavens On Fire
Crazy, Crazy Nights
Black Diamond
Shout It Out Loud
Strutter
Calling Dr. Love
Rise To It
Fits Like A Glove
Lick It Up
God Of Thunder
Under The Gun
Forever
Hide Your Heart
Cold Gin
Tears Are Falling
I Love It Loud
Love Gun
Detroit Rock City
-----------------
I Want You
Rock And Roll All Nite

JRA 05-30-2010 09:11 AM

I always found it weird that Black Diamond was the 4th song on this tour, rather than the set closer or the grand finale, like it should be.

Regardless, that's just about perfect. The only songs missing are Creatures of The Night and 100,000 Years.

The Ghost at Number One 05-30-2010 07:51 PM

[QUOTE=JRA;277476]I always found it weird that Black Diamond was the 4th song on this tour, rather than the set closer or the grand finale, like it should be.[/QUOTE]
I agree that Black Diamond is better placed at the end of the set, but at least the band was still willing to try different things in those days.

This tour was my first time seeing KISS, and it was an incredible show. Great stage production, I love that they opened with I Stole Your Love, and Tears Are Falling is always welcome in my book. I always found it odd, though, that Under the Gun and Fits Like a Glove stuck around for as long as they did.

Wrathchild_84 05-30-2010 09:10 PM

I wish they would play Under The Gun and Fits Like A Glove again. Also more Creatures stuff.

jerry1013 05-30-2010 10:17 PM

[QUOTE=Wrathchild_84;277646]I wish they would play Under The Gun and Fits Like A Glove again. Also more Creatures stuff.[/QUOTE]

Even if Thayer would be the one playing the solos? :eyes:

JRA 05-30-2010 11:04 PM

[QUOTE=jerry1013;277678]Even if Thayer would be the one playing the solos? :eyes:[/QUOTE]

Thayer's been in the band for what, 7 years and you're just now acting like this is weird?

ijwthstd 05-30-2010 11:58 PM

Black Diamond as a regular song and not a dragged out played out cliche was a welcome relief. As was I Want You as the encore with the KISS sign rising up. (Not a big fan of the non-surprise greatest hits encore, or even encores in general).

Maidenmagic 05-31-2010 05:57 AM

[QUOTE=ijwthstd;277719]Black Diamond as a regular song and not a dragged out played out cliche was a welcome relief. As was I Want You as the encore with the KISS sign rising up. (Not a big fan of the non-surprise greatest hits encore, or even encores in general).[/QUOTE]

I guess it gives the band a little break but as an audience it's frustrating. I bet there's a good amount of people who live before the encore. For the set, Kiss needs to look back at this one and get inspired. I don't think they've played God of thunder (Which to me works better with Gene spitting blood than I love it loud.) and Heaven's on fire (one of their best songs from the "Without makeup" period.

Wrathchild_84 05-31-2010 06:05 AM

[QUOTE=jerry1013;277678]Even if Thayer would be the one playing the solos? :eyes:[/QUOTE]

In that case no. He's one of the best Ace impersonators there is but he butchers the 80's solo's pretty badly.

jerry1013 05-31-2010 09:00 AM

[QUOTE=JRA;277707]Thayer's been in the band for what, 7 years and you're just now acting like this is weird?[/QUOTE]

Yeah but he's playing Frehley's solos, which while iconic are at the same time rather easy to pull off for the most part. The Kulick/Vincent stuff is something Tommy has yet to show me he can handle.