WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Seriously, why the fuck does everyone care so much? (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=13560)

Derelict 05-25-2010 08:39 AM

Seriously, why the fuck does everyone care so much?

Why the fuck does everyone care so much what other people listen to and enjoy?

Maiden33 05-25-2010 08:41 AM

Was this inspired by something in particular that I didn't see?

Derelict 05-25-2010 08:43 AM

Nothing in particular, just people feeling the need to chime in on every band/subject/show just to shit all over what other people like.

Probably shouldn't have posted this, just irritated today. Oh well.

Sanitarium78 05-25-2010 08:45 AM

I really don't myself. As for the people who chime in on every topic weather they like the band or not. YES! that is extremely annoying. If I don't like a band on here I don't purposely go on the thread and talk shit about them. If I have no intrest I don't bother saying nothing. But some people just wanna do that all the time because they think it makes them "cool". Well it doesn't, it just makes you an asshole.

Fires Of Sedition 05-25-2010 09:16 AM

[QUOTE=Sanitarium78;275911]I really don't myself. As for the people who chime in on every topic weather they like the band or not. YES! that is extremely annoying. If I don't like a band on here I don't purposely go on the thread and talk shit about them. If I have no intrest I don't bother saying nothing. But some people just wanna do that all the time because they think it makes them "cool". Well it doesn't, it just makes you an asshole.[/QUOTE]

:agree:

mastodon421 05-25-2010 09:37 AM

[QUOTE=Sanitarium78;275911]I really don't myself. As for the people who chime in on every topic weather they like the band or not. YES! that is extremely annoying. If I don't like a band on here I don't purposely go on the thread and talk shit about them. If I have no intrest I don't bother saying nothing. But some people just wanna do that all the time because they think it makes them "cool". Well it doesn't, it just makes you an asshole.[/QUOTE]

100% agree. Very well put.

The Green and Black 05-25-2010 09:57 AM

[QUOTE=Maiden33;275908]Was this inspired by something in particular that I didn't see?[/QUOTE]

I think he's mad because we said we didn't care about the Opeth dude's side project. :eyes:

ravenheart 05-25-2010 09:57 AM

I think people are under the impression that pointing out how a popular band sucks makes them knowledgable on what is actually good in metal.

I agree, if I have no interest I don't comment. When I do comment negatively on a band, it's because it's a band I [I]should[/I] be interested in but I think they've done whatever it is wrong/badly. So I do have interest, I just don't think it turned out well. That's called debate/discussion and has ever right to go on.

If I weigh into a thread about a death metal band saying they suck, because I don't like death metal bands. That's different.

Derelict 05-25-2010 09:59 AM

[QUOTE=The Green and Black;275942]I think he's mad because we said we didn't care about the Opeth dude's side project. :eyes:[/QUOTE]

No, it was nothing in particular. That wasn't my thread anyway.

mankvill 05-25-2010 11:08 AM

if i comment enough, maybe the band will break up