WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Hypocrisy -- Santa Ana, CA -- May 14th, 2010 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=13441)

treghet 05-15-2010 02:36 AM

Hypocrisy -- Santa Ana, CA -- May 14th, 2010

I arrived at The Galaxy about a half hour before the doors opened. After getting in and waiting for a while, Swashbuckle came on. Honestly, I don't care much for their music but they put on a good live show. The vocalist is pretty funny on stage and they dress like pirates of course. Not sure what they played.

Next was a local band I hadn't heard of, Crepitus. The vocalist's hair reminded me of Dr. Rockso (Metalocalypse), but they were actually pretty good. After them was another local band, Mictlantecuhtli. They had a lot of feedback during the first song and a horrible mix for the rest of their set. Plus, they did not impress me that much.

Blackguard was next. I saw them last year on the Summer Slaughter Tour and thought they were alright, but for some reason tonight I enjoyed them a lot more. I'm not sure why exactly, but maybe my interests have changed a bit? I actually want to see them again now.

Next in the lineup was Hate! I was pretty excited to see them. They had some technical difficulties with the drum kit while doing the soundcheck, which cut their set INCREDIBLY short. I was pretty disappointed about that, but it happens. I'm glad I got to see them anyway, though. Hopefully they will come back next year or something.
[LIST=1][*]???[*]Hex[*]Omega[/LIST]
After Hate played I went out to the lobby to meet Blackguard. Justine is very nice and man is it awesome to see a girl play drums in metal. Scar Symmetry started playing while I was talking to them, but I wasn't really interested in seeing them. It's not that they're a bad band, I just can't stand the singing. No, singing does not annoy me, it's just that their singing does. Sorry, no set.

FINALLY, at 12:10 Hypocrisy came on stage! I went in the pit for a while and then got up to the rail (it wasn't that crowded) to watch the rest of the set. I wouldn't have changed anything. They actually played all the songs I wanted to hear. I ended up buying a shirt and their new album. The show ended at 1:35 and I went home satisfied. Here is the setlist, which I got from the stage.
[LIST=1][*]Valley of the Damned[*]Hang Him High[*]Fractured Millenium[*]Adjusting the Sun[*]Eraser[*]Pleasure of Molestation / Osculum Obscenum / Penetralia[*]Apocalypse / The 4th Dimension[*]Killing Art[*]A Coming Race[*]Let the Knife Do the Talking[*]Weed Out the Weak[*]Fire in the Sky
--------------------[*]The Final Chapter[*]Warpath[*]Roswell 47[/LIST]

scouinci 05-16-2010 04:11 PM

did they sell any other albums than the last one? for how much?
thanks

treghet 05-16-2010 04:13 PM

They only sold the new one, but they had the limited edition for the same price as the standard one. $15

scouinci 05-16-2010 04:16 PM

damn i already have it, should have waited to get the special edition

Knixx 05-16-2010 06:22 PM

Shirt prices?

treghet 05-16-2010 09:05 PM

$30. A little high but I still bought one.

Knixx 05-16-2010 10:00 PM

[QUOTE=treghet;273286]$30. A little high but I still bought one.[/QUOTE]

wow.....

That's insanely high

Alice in Chains was 35 and that's ****ing Alice in Chains

Fratt 05-18-2010 07:06 AM

finished at 1:35 ? fuuuuck

What time was it when the show begun ?

idrinkwine732 05-18-2010 07:58 AM

Don't worry, I went on Sunday and it was over by 11:30, sounds like it was an anomaly.

jotun2graveland 05-18-2010 10:50 AM

[QUOTE=idrinkwine732;273588]Don't worry, I went on Sunday and it was over by 11:30, sounds like it was an anomaly.[/QUOTE]

I remember going to the Galaxy Theater a few times, a couple of years ago. From what I recall, it's because they tend to have a bunch of local bands added to touring shows there. I remember seeing Kamelot there (with only Leaves' Eyes), and the show didn't end until past 1am, because of it.