WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Metallica -- Belfast, Ireland -- May 11th, 2010 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=13414)

Symbolic 05-12-2010 06:03 AM

Metallica -- Belfast, Ireland -- May 11th, 2010

That Was Just Your Life
The End Of The Line
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Creeping Death
Fade To Black
Broken, Beat And Scarred
Sad But True
Wherever I May Roam
Welcome Home (Sanitarium) :horns:
All Nightmare Long
One
Master Of Puppets
Blackened :rocker:
Nothing Else Matters :light:
Enter Sandman
Breadfan
Whiplash :eek::eek:
Seek & Destroy

2nd time seeing Metallica, first time indoors.
What a Night!.

High on Fire were quite a letdown, as i have only listened to their first album and if i remember they didnt play anything from it and there sound was terrible last night, i was quite dissapointed as i was really looking forward to there set.

Volbeat to be honest i really did not care about, but props for putting on a solid peformance and they really seemed to be enjoying themselves. Plus they got the crowd warmed up so im guess they did something right.

Metallica were f**ckin awesome, as i said above this was my 2nd time seeing them and first indoors (Marlay park in Dublin 2008). I really enjoyed their setlist which they played a varied selection of old and new. Hearing Blackened was the song of the night for me, and Whiplash and Sanitarium is always a welcome treat :horns:.The new Death Magnetic stuff works far better live in my opinion although they didnt play my favourite song (The Judas Kiss) from the album i still was satisfied with what i received.
All and all Metallica once again proves they are a force to be reckoned with live, makes me wish i had got a ticket for the 2nd Belfast date :confused:.

The_jman 05-12-2010 07:01 AM

Now there's a set! nice!
thanks for sharing.

undergroundrage 05-12-2010 09:35 AM

[QUOTE=Symbolic;272046]
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Creeping Death
Fade To Black [/QUOTE]

Any time they play these songs back to back to back it's a win.

Sanitarium78 05-12-2010 10:47 AM

Nice set as usual from them. Good to see Wherever I May Roam in there. It seems to have disappeared from the set for majority of the DM tour:confused: They should replace SBT with Roam now because SBT night after night is getting a bit old now. Not as old as NEM in every set but it's getting close:D

rjturtle9 05-12-2010 12:50 PM

[QUOTE=undergroundrage;272068]Any time they play these songs back to back to back it's a win.[/QUOTE]

:fist:

xStructualDefect 05-12-2010 02:22 PM

[QUOTE=Symbolic;272046]
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Creeping Death
Fade To Black
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
Blackened
Whiplash
[/QUOTE]

:party:

Indestructible 05-12-2010 02:59 PM

[QUOTE=Symbolic;272046]
For Whom The Bell Tolls
[/QUOTE]

One of the greatest riffs ever.

elturtleboy 05-12-2010 03:52 PM

hopefully the day i see em they play this set:horns:

undergroundrage 05-12-2010 06:40 PM

[QUOTE=Indestructible;272111]One of the greatest riffs ever.[/QUOTE]

one of the greatest songs, period. to me anyway.