WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   non-metal bands you like that people on here would give you shit for... (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=13386)

Travis The Dragon 05-08-2010 11:16 PM

non-metal bands you like that people on here would give you shit for...

Do you dare to admit to these? WTF? What are ya gonna do? Hunt me down and kill me? To the haters!: :finger2: :D

Some of mine include:
Backstreet Boys
Adam Lambert
Vanilla Ice
Christina Angulara(sp)
Madonna
Culture Club
Duran Duran
Men At Work
MC Hammer

Well, there's a few. How about you?

Maiden33 05-08-2010 11:24 PM

For the record: These topics never work out well on here. Any time any one tries to ask about "guilty pleasures", you get a couple of people who argue that you shouldn't have any guilty pleasures or "blah blah open-mindedness blah".

For the record:
I really like a lot of stuff by the Foo Fighters and the Goo Goo Dolls. Also, I like a couple of musicals - don't tell anyone. I like other non-metal stuff, but frankly I don't feel like Classical music should be a guilty pleasure.

The Green and Black 05-08-2010 11:29 PM

[QUOTE=fonzbear2000;270977]Do you dare to admit to these? WTF? What are ya gonna do? Hunt me down and kill me? To the haters!: :finger2: :D

Some of mine include:
Backstreet Boys
Adam Lambert
Vanilla Ice
Christina Angulara(sp)
Madonna
Culture Club
Duran Duran
Men At Work
MC Hammer

Well, there's a few. How about you?[/QUOTE]

It's hard to define a guilty pleasure around here since everyone likes such different stuff as it is. Although nothing I like is quite as bad as what's on your list. :lol:

mankvill 05-08-2010 11:39 PM

I have no guilty pleasures. I post Ben Folds setlists on here all the time because it's still better than melodic metalcore.

idrinkwine732 05-08-2010 11:52 PM

I'm an enormous Muse fan, but I don't consider it a guilty pleasure. But my friends who are into metal give me shit about it all the time.

mankvill 05-08-2010 11:52 PM

[QUOTE=idrinkwine732;270991]I'm an enormous Muse fan, but I don't consider it a guilty pleasure. But my friends who are into metal give me shit about it all the time.[/QUOTE]

Muse is fucking awesome and more heavy than most bands that pass for "metal" today.

idrinkwine732 05-08-2010 11:55 PM

[QUOTE=mankvill;270992]Muse is fucking awesome and more heavy than most bands that pass for "metal" today.[/QUOTE]

Songs like Knights of Cydonia and Stockholm Syndrome are so much heavier every one of the bands on the metaphorical metal fence.

mankvill 05-09-2010 12:00 AM

[QUOTE=idrinkwine732;270994]Songs like Knights of Cydonia and Stockholm Syndrome are so much heavier every one of the bands on the metaphorical metal fence.[/QUOTE]

:light:

JuuKun 05-09-2010 07:04 AM

Yeah, guilty pleasures blah blah open-mindedness, blah blah.

But, on topic: blink-182, Katy Perry, Avril Lavigne, and a bunch of musicals. Also more or less falls into that last one, but I've made no secret of my love for Disney movies & the music in them. Most days I'd rather drive and listen to, say, the Little Mermaid soundtrack than I would a metal band. Lot less likely to get a speeding ticket that way, too. :)

mastodon421 05-09-2010 07:21 AM

Thirded on Muse they are incredible. For me I like a couple of strange bands like Vampire Weekend and Interpol.