WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Top Ten Bands You Are Most Happy/Proud You've Seen (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=13356)

Maiden33 05-06-2010 09:04 AM

Top Ten Bands You Are Most Happy/Proud You've Seen

Basically a parallel thread to my other recent thread. Basically, it's pretty simple. These are NOT supposed to be the ten best shows you've seen, but the ten bands you are most happy/proud/satisfied that you have seen at least once. Whether it be because they broke up since, because they rarely tour (at least anywhere near you), or because they are just THAT good live - list 'em.

Mine:
01.Edguy (technically 4x, but this just because I saw them on the original Hellfire Club tour in 2004)
02.Saxon (took about six years of waiting, but it finally happened and it was worth the whole wait and the cancellations)
03.Tad Morose
04.Pagan's Mind
05.Blind Guardian
06.Gamma Ray
07.Firewind (x2)
08.Jon Oliva's Pain (x2)
09.UFO
10.Primal Fear (x2 in two weeks)

Also a big runner up to Jag Panzer.

Derelict 05-06-2010 09:13 AM

Off the top of my head, while at work

Death
At The Gates (reunion)
In Flames when they were good (1999)
Pantera (1997)
Type O Negative (i'd have to check, been at least ten times)
Carnivore (2006 reunion)

TonyD 05-06-2010 09:46 AM

Black Sabbath :cool:

powerslave_85 05-06-2010 09:55 AM

The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Propagandhi. Their US tours are very rare and very short, so I feel really lucky to have seen them.

Fires Of Sedition 05-06-2010 09:59 AM

I don't think any band that I really care about that I've seen has since broken up or anything like that. Just Still Remains and The Agony Scene :eyes:

The Green and Black 05-06-2010 10:08 AM

[QUOTE=Maiden33;270320]
01.Edguy (just because I saw them on the original Hellfire Club tour in 2004).[/QUOTE]

This! The reason Edguy is included on my list as well, not really in any particular order, and some of these bands I have seen a few times.

1) Savatage
2) Angra
3) Sentenced
4) Tad Morose
5) Edguy
6) Blind Guardian
7) Gamma Ray
8) Pagan's Mind
9) Y&T
10)Grank Funk Railroad (original line up Earth Day 1998) :D

Moonsorrow would have made my list, but due to the ever increasing popularity of Viking Death/Black Metal around here (which I don't understand) I am not sure how valid their place on this list would be as time goes on.

Derelict 05-06-2010 10:09 AM

[QUOTE=The Green and Black;270336]This! The reason Edguy is included on my list as well, not really in any particular order, and some of these bands I have seen a few times.

1) Savatage
2) Angra
3) Sentenced
4) Tad Morose
5) Edguy
6) Blind Guardian
7) Gamma Ray
8) Pagan's Mind
9) Y&T
10)Grank Funk Railroad (original line up Earth Day 1998) :D

Moonsorrow would have made my list, but due to the ever increasing popularity of Viking Death/Black Metal around here (which I don't understand) I am not sure how valid their place on this list would be as time goes on.[/QUOTE]

Sentenced? I'm jealous

The Green and Black 05-06-2010 10:15 AM

[QUOTE=Derelict;270337]Sentenced? I'm jealous[/QUOTE]

Yes! It was at the Troc actually. With In Flames and Dark Tranquility.

Killswitch Engage was on the bill also, but not a fan, so I blocked them out.

Derelict 05-06-2010 10:23 AM

[QUOTE=The Green and Black;270340]Yes! It was at the Troc actually. With In Flames and Dark Tranquility.

Killswitch Engage was on the bill also, but not a fan, so I blocked them out.[/QUOTE]

Was that 2002? I seem to remember missing that due to being on second shift at the time, and not having any vacation days due to being in a new job.

mankvill 05-06-2010 10:59 AM

Hmm.

Celtic Frost
Decapitated with Coven and Vitek
ChthoniC
Dark Funeral
Naglfar
Boris
Impaled
Phobia
Kill The Client
Illogicist