WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Album Reviews (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Soulfly - Omen (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=13310)

undergroundrage 05-01-2010 10:10 PM

Soulfly - Omen

Anyone got thoughts on it? I only played it through once so-far, a couple songs sounded good, nothing sounded bad but nothing wowed me either. I'll give it another shot in the next few days. Anyone else give it a listen yet?

BloodoftheKings 05-01-2010 10:17 PM

Did it even come out yet?

undergroundrage 05-01-2010 10:21 PM

Not sure? I end up with everything early so I sometimes forget. :confused:

After a quick check....it's not coming out until May 25th.

undergroundrage 05-02-2010 05:57 PM

Some songs that have stood out - Bloodbath & Beyond, Lethal Injection, Kingdom, Counter Sabotage.

SerpentineVIVIVI 05-02-2010 06:40 PM

I think it is quite weak, which is a huge disappointment for me coming from the epic Conquer. It has mediocre tracks, only standouts being Bloodbath..., Off With Their Heads, Great Depression (hands down the best), Rise Of The Fallen, and Mega-Doom. And three of those are really not that great in general. Soulfly VII is pretty as well I suppose. Compared to Conquer it's a huge downgrade.

BloodoftheKings 05-02-2010 06:43 PM

Hows everyone hearing it:confused:
Are the songs on youtube?

undergroundrage 05-02-2010 07:03 PM

[QUOTE=BloodoftheKings;269298]Hows everyone hearing it:confused:
Are the songs on youtube?[/QUOTE]

bittorrent

undergroundrage 05-02-2010 07:05 PM

[QUOTE=SerpentineVIVIVI;269297]I think it is quite weak, which is a huge disappointment for me coming from the epic Conquer. It has mediocre tracks, only standouts being Bloodbath..., Off With Their Heads, Great Depression (hands down the best), Rise Of The Fallen, and Mega-Doom. And three of those are really not that great in general. Soulfly VII is pretty as well I suppose. Compared to Conquer it's a huge downgrade.[/QUOTE]

It's kinda funny, if you put the tracks you mentioned, with the tracks I mentioned, it's basically the entire album. I think it's too early to say if it's a let down for me, Conquer didn't stand out right away either and this is about the same, altho it does seem like a bit of a down grade. Still, in a weak 2010 for new releases, this still may end up top 10 by the end of the year.

SerpentineVIVIVI 05-02-2010 07:25 PM

[QUOTE=undergroundrage;269300]It's kinda funny, if you put the tracks you mentioned, with the tracks I mentioned, it's basically the entire album. I think it's too early to say if it's a let down for me, Conquer didn't stand out right away either and this is about the same, altho it does seem like a bit of a down grade. Still, in a weak 2010 for new releases, this still may end up top 10 by the end of the year.[/QUOTE]

I don't know, Conquer stood out to me very strongly. Maybe not all the tracks that I know and love now, but definitely a solid 3/4. I suppose everything else grew on me after. But these tracks...wasn't feeling them.

And I think 2010 is actually quite strong to be honest, only a few albums have been alright....