WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Earth -- Los Angeles, CA -- April 20th, 2010 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=13180)

ADD 04-21-2010 01:05 PM

Earth -- Los Angeles, CA -- April 20th, 2010

My stoner ass arrived just in time to miss Wolves in the Throne Room, so that was a bummer, but Earth made the journey worthwhile. Like a roofied up Neil Young and Crazy Horse meditating on Ennio Morricone and a nameless backwoods picker playing the slow blues under big, heavy skies, Earth's music lilts and drifts through mesmerizing caverns of imagination unlocked by chemicals, low frequencies and high volume. Cosmic tones for mental therapy indeed. Setlist:

The Bees Made Honey in the Lion's Skull
Old Black (new)
Carrion Crow
The Driver
Father Midnight (new)

Deuce new jams, both featured a little more 'active' guitar, but still crawling. They're recording the new one in May, hope we'll have some new Earth sounds to enjoy in 2010.

mankvill 04-21-2010 01:16 PM

Best 4/20 lineup? Probably.

:rocker:

christopher 04-21-2010 01:22 PM

I was bummed I had to miss Wolves in the Throne Room again. I was at the Palladium seeing Sublime, worth it but I need another dose of WITTR asap.

mankvill 04-21-2010 01:47 PM

[QUOTE=vegantopher;265910]I was bummed I had to miss Wolves in the Throne Room again. I was at the Palladium seeing Sublime, worth it but I need another dose of WITTR asap.[/QUOTE]

Sublime on 4/20? I can't even begin to fathom how horrible the people there must've been.

ADD 04-21-2010 02:37 PM

I saw that while on the bus and lol'ed at the congregation of mentally gifted minors.

christopher 04-21-2010 02:56 PM

[QUOTE=mankvill;265921]Sublime on 4/20? I can't even begin to fathom how horrible the people there must've been.[/QUOTE]

Yeah there were some retarded people there. The amount of weed in that place was unreal. The Palladium was hot boxed. I felt like a wall of smoke hit me the second the first band went on and it was like that for the whole show.

BlackmoreOfBowling 04-21-2010 06:39 PM

[QUOTE=ADD;265899]Like a roofied up Neil Young and Crazy Horse meditating on Ennio Morricone and a nameless backwoods picker playing the slow blues under big, heavy skies[/QUOTE]

Quite possibly the greatest description I have ever read. Bravo. Perhaps the Neil Young - 'Dead Man' score could count as well?

KillerCannabis 04-22-2010 07:45 AM

I got there on time, so I caught Lori Goldstein and WITTR (who I came for), but I left before Earth.

Lori Goldstein played a 15-20 min. cello set. Imagine if the creepy swamp witch from Pumpkinhead had a sister who played doom-esque cello on the bayou, and you've got an idea of what her set was like. She was like a one-woman symphonic version of Sunn O))), if that makes any sense.

WITTR owned, as usual. I vaguely recall their set as being:

Wanderer Above the Sea of Fog
Ex Cathedra
Queen of the Borrowed Light
I Will Lay Down My Bones Among the Rocks and Roots

... although I might be wrong on one of those. I wish they had more time. They really need to do a headlining tour.

ADD 04-22-2010 02:13 PM

Fuck Queen of the Borrowed Light :bouville: Super bummed to have missed them now.