WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Sonata Arctica -- New York, NY -- April 5th, 2010 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=13030)

camby118 04-06-2010 03:53 PM

Sonata Arctica -- New York, NY -- April 5th, 2010

Great fucking show all around. Sources are from the SA forums (except for Powerglove which was wrong on the website and I remembered instead).

Powerglove:
Tetris
Metal Kombat For The Mortal Men
Storm Eagle
Transformers
Mario Minor
Power Rangers

Mutiny Within:
Images
Falling Forever
Oblivion
Forsaken
Year of Affliction
The End
Awake
Lethean

Sonata Arctica:
Flag in the Ground
The Last Amazing Grays
Paid in Full
As If The World Wasn't Ending
Fullmoon
Juliet
Deathaura
Broken
The Dead Skin
The Cage
--
In Black and White
Don't Say a Word
Everything Fades to Gray
(same as Worcester, with keyboard/guitar solos before The Cage)

It was a great fucking show all around. My friend and I shouted out Transformers right as they were about to start playing X-Men, which made their bassist re-consider and decide not to play X-Men but to play Transformers which was eschewed at their show with Hammerfall on March 7th.
Mutiny Within was surprisingly good.
...And Sonata was awesome.

Fires Of Sedition 04-06-2010 07:18 PM

[QUOTE=camby118;262249]
It was a great fucking show all around. My friend and I shouted out Transformers right as they were about to start playing X-Men, which made their bassist re-consider and decide not to play X-Men but to play Transformers which was eschewed at their show with Hammerfall on March 7th.
Mutiny Within was surprisingly good.
...And Sonata was awesome.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully I can scream OMNISHRED throughout the entire performance and get them to play it...

Altmer7989 04-07-2010 12:59 AM

what's with the like 10 song sonata setlists

what's more what's with most of it sucking

GASTONCAPO666 04-07-2010 08:02 AM

sorry but in my opinion..sonata was horrible.....the entire show was MEH...... ive seen sonata a lot of times during the last couple of years..and this was by far their worst performance.....setlist aside...i didnt enjot it at all......JULIET was pretty good though :D

Maiden33 04-07-2010 10:24 AM

[QUOTE=GASTONCAPO666;262357]sorry but in my opinion..sonata was horrible.....the entire show was MEH...... ive seen sonata a lot of times during the last couple of years..and this was by far their worst performance.....setlist aside...i didnt enjot it at all......JULIET was pretty good though :D[/QUOTE]

The one time I saw Sonata (2007) was a piss-poor show I thought. Firewind opened and blew them out of the water. Never again unless they're touring with someone I really, really want to see.

Robb66 04-07-2010 11:21 AM

ouch!! that's hurt

I'm going to montreal tonight and this setlist is the wrost I ever seen, since my first sonata show in 2005. I wish they will play blacksheep and the 8th commandement and more silence song, their best album ever released.

The Green and Black 04-08-2010 06:57 AM

[QUOTE=Robb66;262375]I'm going to montreal tonight and this setlist is the wrost I ever seen, since my first sonata show in 2005. I wish they will play blacksheep and the 8th commandement and more silence song, their best album ever released.[/QUOTE]

Why does the Sonata set seem to be getting shorter and worse each night? They played Black Sheep and 8th Commandment opening night in Philly!

Fratt 04-08-2010 07:04 AM

pretty good show in Montreal, but Sonata really put too much new songs. Even if you like the new album, it's not an album fitted for a live show. I can't believe they skipped 8th commandment :flame:

Powerglove was fucking awesome, they actually started sooner to play ... RED WINGS OVER BARON !!! (because many fans requested it at Hammerfall and on their facebook :P) It was awesome.

Mutiny was good, but I don't see why they played almost all their CD while Pglove was stuck with like 6 songs ...

Robb66 04-09-2010 09:13 AM

the end is near

:bouville:[QUOTE=The Green and Black;262560]Why does the Sonata set seem to be getting shorter and worse each night? They played Black Sheep and 8th Commandment opening night in Philly![/QUOTE]

The end of Sonata Arctica is near, since the guitarist Jani Liimatainen leave the band they seem to have no more pleasure to play old song:confused:.

Robb66 04-09-2010 09:21 AM

[QUOTE=Fratt;262561]pretty good show in Montreal, but Sonata really put too much new songs. Even if you like the new album, it's not an album fitted for a live show. I can't believe they skipped 8th commandment :flame:

Powerglove was fucking awesome, they actually started sooner to play ... RED WINGS OVER BARON !!! (because many fans requested it at Hammerfall and on their facebook :P) It was awesome.

Mutiny was good, but I don't see why they played almost all their CD while Pglove was stuck with like 6 songs ...[/QUOTE]
Not enough old song but Broken was very great:light:.