WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Eric Clapton -- Nashville, TN -- February 17th, 2010 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=12954)

JudasPriest89 03-31-2010 02:58 PM

Eric Clapton -- Nashville, TN -- February 17th, 2010

I know I haven't updated concerts I've actually attended lately (Because I've been busy with other things and when I'm on I usually post a gig I didn't attend) but here's one finally that was an okay gig!

Roger Daltrey setlist

01.I Can See For Miles
02.The Real Me
03.Days Of Light
04.Freedom Ride
05.Gimme A Stone
06.Real Good Looking Boy
07.Mannish Boy
08.Young Man Blues
09.Baba O' Riley
10.Ring Of Fire (Johnny Cash cover)

Best part of the night,first time seeing him (and it definitlly won't be the last!) he sounded great I don't care what a bunch of people say about his voice,He's still an amazing vocalist and I thought he sang better than when he did the Superbowl this year with The Who.Better than Eric,Though I thought he would later do a cover with Eric (Like "I Shot The Sheriff" maybe),But unfortunatly no.Definitlly gonna see him again (With or without The Who).

Eric Clapton setlist

01.Going Down Slow
02.Key To The Highway
03.Tell The Truth
04.Old Love
05.I Shot The Sheriff
06.Driftin' Blues
07.Nobody Knows When You're Down And Out
08.Running On Faith
09.Layla (Acoustic)
10.I've Got A Rock 'N' Roll Heart
11.Badge
12.Little Queen Of Spades
13.Before You Accuse Me
14.Wonderful Tonight
15.Cocaine
-----------------------
16.Crossroads

Clapton put on an okay performance,not his best though,I've hear he puts on longer shows than an hour and 10 minutes,but,you can't always get 3 hour shows though.So I was glad that he did most of my favorite songs by him (Shocked not to hear "Sunshine" though) but I was disappointed because I didn't like the way they played "Layla" and I don't like shows with only 1 encore usually,But overall good performance,I'll see him again for sure.

The Ghost at Number One 03-31-2010 05:01 PM

I'm not typically one to mention such things, but I really don't think this is the appropriate forum for an Eric Clapton setlist.

JRA 03-31-2010 05:03 PM

Roger Daltrey covering "Ring of Fire." That's gotta be...interesting....:eyes:

christopher 03-31-2010 11:34 PM

I would love to see him live someday, even if its just to hear him play Layla and nothing else.

maidenpriest 04-01-2010 12:05 AM

[QUOTE=The Ghost at Number One;260640]I'm not typically one to mention such things, but I really don't think this is the appropriate forum for an Eric Clapton setlist.[/QUOTE]

there are lots of bands on this forum that dont "belong" here but imo clapton was a big influence on hard rock/metal guitarists today. and we have a lot of bands on here who arent metal but have influenced metal later on.

300%_Density 04-01-2010 12:31 AM

I support Clapton on here as well. Def an influence on some metal guitarists. And really if we can put crap like Muse on here then there is no reason Clapton should be disregarded. Wish I could have seen this when it went through.

bennythedog 04-01-2010 05:49 AM

I'm assuming Budge is really Badge. That's the one song I'd want to hear if I were to ever go to a Clapton show!!!! By far, my favorite.

I'm okay with it being on here as well.

The_jman 04-01-2010 07:38 AM

IMO Clapton is one of the best guitarists, and a great influence on music in general. I think a better question would be does anyone have a problem with Clapton on here? Funny its always the non-metal gigs that tend to get a lot of hits...

Fe Maiden 04-01-2010 09:37 AM

Eric Clapton is legendary and yes he belongs here!

300%_Density 04-01-2010 11:02 AM

Honestly if we can have crap like Muse on here. Then yea definitley there is room for Slow Hand on here.