WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Immortal -- Toronto, ON -- March 27th, 2010 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=12917)

HackedUpForBBQ 03-27-2010 09:53 PM

Immortal -- Toronto, ON -- March 27th, 2010

Drove from Buffalo to Toronto to see the Sons of Northern Darkness, and those mother fuckers did not disappoint. They played more newer stuff than I'd have liked, but they still put on a spectacular show and performed the songs flawlessly. They had some issues with Horgh's drums and Abbath's guitar during the first two songs but other than that there were no technical problems. Definitely looking forward to seeing them again, whenever that may be. I'm very surprised they played such a small venue but feel very lucky to have seen them in a place like that. On with the setlist

1. All Shall Fall
2. The Rise Of Darkness
3. Solarfall
4. Sons Of Northern Darkness
5. Tyrants
6. Hordes To War
7. Norden On Fire
8. Grim And Frostbitten Kingdoms
9. A Sign For The Norse Hordes To Ride/Pure Holocaust medley
10. Unearthly Kingdom
11. One By One
12. Withstand The Fall Of Time
---------------------------------
13. Beyond The North Waves
14. Battles In The North
15. Blashyrkh (Mighty Ravendark)

DethMaiden 03-27-2010 10:02 PM

5/7ths of All Shall Fall is probably a bit much as good as that album is, but the big fails here are reducing the Pure Holocaust tracks to a medley and not playing Mountains of Might or At the Heart of Winter. Still, I'd go to this show.

bt11763 03-27-2010 10:22 PM

i wish tickets weren't so goddamn expensive so i could see them tuesday ; ___ ;

mankvill 03-28-2010 12:12 AM

That's how I imagined they'd do stuff, play lots of new stuff early, then hit the back catalog in the last half.

Holy shit, Grim and Frostbitten Kingdoms! Been waiting for them to put that in their set for a loooong time. :rocker:

all in all, a kick ass set.

makethemsuffer12 03-28-2010 04:14 AM

Wish I could've gone to this last night.

daimonos 03-28-2010 07:03 AM

I would have to loved to have seen them live. It had to have been amazing no matter what songs they played.

HackedUpForBBQ 03-28-2010 07:54 AM

[QUOTE=DethMaiden;259831]5/7ths of All Shall Fall is probably a bit much as good as that album is, but the big fails here are reducing the Pure Holocaust tracks to a medley and not playing Mountains of Might or At the Heart of Winter. Still, I'd go to this show.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was wishing they'd have played Mountains of Might and At The Heart of Winter too but the one song I was really wanting to hear was Damned in Black. I can't complain though, it was my first time seeing them and they fucking killed it! Abbath's got some riffs

overkill13 03-28-2010 08:09 AM

Anyone going to the show on Tuesday in Brooklyn? If so have you been to that venue before? I have some questions about it.

Slasherous 03-28-2010 08:30 AM

It was Epic.

This was an extremely epic show. I was up on the balcony the entire time, and it was awesome just seeing everything that was going on. Abbath's mannerisms are classic. I don't think it was a medley though. Considering A Sign For The Norse Hodes To Ride is about 2 and half and Pure Holocaust is 5 minutes i think they just played them right after the other, cause it seemed like a pretty long song.

I was stoked to hear Solarfall.

Citatet 03-28-2010 08:48 AM

That setlist looks truly great.

I have seen these guys one time, in 2003 at the Roskilde Festival. It was truly that years highlight and remains one of the best festivalgigs Ive seen today.

If you have a chance to see this. Just go!!!