WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Trans-Siberian Orchestra -- Cincinnati, OH -- March 25th, 2010 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=12909)

Maiden33 03-26-2010 06:06 PM

Trans-Siberian Orchestra -- Cincinnati, OH -- March 25th, 2010

Source: Chris Caffery

01.Overture (Instrumental)
02.Midnight
03.Fate
04.What Good This Deafness
05.Mephistopheles
06.What Is Eternal?
07.The Moment
08.Vienna
09.Mozart (Instrumental)
10.The Dreams of Candlelight
11.Requiem (The Fifth) (Instrumental)
12.I'll Keep Your Secrets
13.The Dark
14.Fur Elise (Instrumental)
15.After the Fall
16.A Last Illusion (Instrumental)
17.This Is Who You Are
18.Beethoven (Instrumental)
19.Mephistopheles' Return
20.Misery
21.Who is this Child?
22.A Final Dream
Encore:
23.Believe
24.Mozart and Memories (Instrumental)
25.Toccato - Carpimus Noctem (Instrumental)

The Singers:
Rob Evan (as Beethoven)
Jeff Scott Soto (as Mephistopheles)
Jay Pierce (as Twist)
Tim Hockenberry ("Believe")
John Brink (as Young Beethoven)
Chloe Lowery (as Theresa)
Valentina Porter (as Fate)
Danielle Landherr
April Berry
Bryan Hicks (Narrator)

The Band:
Al Pitrelli (Guitar)
Chris Caffery (Guitar)
Johnny lee Midlleton (Bass)
Jeff Plate (Drums)
Andrew Ross (Rhythm Guitar)
Bob Kinkel (Keyboards)
Vitali Kuprij (Keyboards)
Jane Mangini (Keyboards)
Roddy Chong (Violin)
Sarah Charness (Violin)

Well... this is interesting. Definitely way more cons than pros. I mean, I guess no one ever said there would be a full-length second set, I think everyone just kind of assumed it would be a set of Night Castle material, not just a handful of songs. As I expected, a lot of weird singer and instrumentalist choices - including a girl singing "The Dark". Also, based on all the videos I've seen they went entirely overboard with the lights and special effects - possibly coming across as downright annoying in the more intimate theater setting.

DethMaiden 03-26-2010 06:44 PM

Well, if you're this pessimistic about this, I'm VERY glad I saved seventy fucking dollars.

Also, it's "Cincinnati" with two n's and one t. ;)

The Ghost at Number One 03-27-2010 12:43 AM

Why are they even touring post-holiday season? I mean, I know that not all of their songs are Christmas related, but seriously. Do they really even draw outside of winter?

Maiden33 03-27-2010 09:22 AM

[QUOTE=The Ghost at Number One;259669]Why are they even touring post-holiday season? I mean, I know that not all of their songs are Christmas related, but seriously. Do they really even draw outside of winter?[/QUOTE]

Pretty much every show on this tour is nearly sold out or sold out. Granted, they're only in theaters, but there was quite a demand for tickets. You'd be surprised how many people genuinely care about what they're doing.

For me - I'm going for two reasons:
1) The core band here is the core band from possibly my favorite era of Savatage: Chris Caffery, Al Pitrelli, Johnny lee Middleton, and Jeff Plate. This will probably be my only chance to see Pitrelli live because he always tours with the West Coast incarnation of TSO.
2) Beethoven's last Night is my favorite TSO album, and they're playing the whole thing.

The Ghost at Number One 03-27-2010 10:12 AM

Fair enough.

snowdog2112 03-27-2010 01:09 PM

Forgot the tour started yesterday.Will go over to the TSO message board and see what else everyones saying. Seeing them 4/15
They first said a 2nd set with Nightcastle material but I guess they scaraped it.