WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Nintendo: WE PRINT MONEY (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=12880)

mankvill 03-23-2010 07:13 AM

Nintendo: WE PRINT MONEY

[url]http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2010/03/with-the-nintendo-dsi-xl.ars[/url]

This is going to sell a billion copies, I shit you not.

Div 03-23-2010 08:59 AM

wow, never woulda guessed that the new 3d technology would be on a gameboy. i expected to not see it on anything but TV's and pc monitors this year.

SomewhereInTime72 03-23-2010 09:53 AM

I'm not in love with the whole 3D thing. However, this could turn out pretty cool. More likely than not, my regular ol' DSLite will be good enough for me though.

This will probably sell amazingly, though. Say what you will about Nintendo being whores for money, or being for "kids" or what have you - but every other company wishes they had come up with the ideas Nintendo had. This thing here combines the biggest thing in the game industry (yes the DS outsells everything else, probably deservedly so), and a huge and up-and-coming technique we've only really seen in theaters so far. Also, no glasses is a plus. I really dislike the whole 3D thing, but I gotta be honest: this has definitely piqued my interest, and I would love to give it a try (when someone else buys it ;)).

ChildrenofSodom 03-23-2010 11:46 AM

I am going to have a hard time adapting to this. I won't buy one, but it it is popular, there will be alot more 3D things coming out. Hell, I wasn't really impressed/captivated by the Wii. New technology makes me uncomfortable, I have realized. I was watching Scrubs on a really expensive Hi-def TV, and the depth was amazing. I could clearly see what items were in front of what, and it felt like I was in the room with Dr.Cox and JD. But afterwards, I realized that I didn't like it. I watch TV to escape from this world, and when you make a clearly fake thing, like a sitcom, and make it more realistic, I'm not sure it gets any better.

DethMaiden 03-23-2010 12:11 PM

[QUOTE=ChildrenofSodom;258787]I am going to have a hard time adapting to this. I won't buy one, but it it is popular, there will be alot more 3D things coming out. Hell, I wasn't really impressed/captivated by the Wii. New technology makes me uncomfortable, I have realized. I was watching Scrubs on a really expensive Hi-def TV, and the depth was amazing. I could clearly see what items were in front of what, and it felt like I was in the room with Dr.Cox and JD. But afterwards, I realized that I didn't like it. I watch TV to escape from this world, and when you make a clearly fake thing, like a sitcom, and make it more realistic, I'm not sure it gets any better.[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but sports in HD is the most amazing thing ever and I will probably by an expensive HDTV and the NBA League Pass as soon as I graduate. :bliss:

powerslave_85 03-23-2010 12:51 PM

[QUOTE=DethMaiden;258792]Maybe, but sports in HD is the most amazing thing ever[/QUOTE]This x 1,000. It's what HD was made for, IMO.

JRA 03-23-2010 01:14 PM

[QUOTE=Div;258765]wow, never woulda guessed that the new 3d technology would be on a gameboy. i expected to not see it on anything but TV's and pc monitors this year.[/QUOTE]

Final Fantasy IV DS?

DethMaiden 03-23-2010 05:20 PM

[QUOTE=powerslave_85;258801]This x 1,000. It's what HD was made for, IMO.[/QUOTE]

I have definitely trekked to Fricker's (local wing joint) just to watch a basketball game before. It's the next best thing to being there - and depending on how much money you have for tickets and how much of a premium you place on atmosphere, it's arguably even better.

powerslave_85 03-23-2010 10:27 PM

I finally watched the video in the link. That's fucking trippy. I wouldn't rule out buying one; my DS Lite probably isn't long for this world anyways.

ravenheart 03-24-2010 06:17 AM

Whereas I just bought a Sony PSP so I could play games that don't suck... ;)