WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Megadeth -- Indianapolis, IN -- March 11th, 2010 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=12789)

es156 03-13-2010 12:45 PM

Megadeth -- Indianapolis, IN -- March 11th, 2010

Tour: Rust In Peace 20th Anniversary Tour
Headliner: Megadeth
Support: Testament, Exodus
Venue: Murat Theatre, Indianapolis, IN
Date: March 11th, 2010
============================

Exodus Set List:

01. Bonded By Blood
02. The Last Act Of Defiance
03. Fabulous Disaster
04. Piranha
05. A Lesson In Violence
06. Brain Dead
07. War Is My Shepherd
08. Toxic Waltz
09. Strike Of The Beast

Exodus Set Time: 7.00-7.45

Exodus Lineup:
Vocals: Rob Dukes
Guitar: Gary Holt
Guitar: Lee Altus
Bass: Jack Gibson
Drums: Tom Hunting

Testament Set List:

01. Over The Wall
02. The Haunting
03. Burnt Offerings
04. Raging Waters
05. C.O.T.L.O.D.
06. First Strike Is Deadly
07. Do Or Die
08. Alone In The Dark
09. Into The Pit
10. Apocalyptic City

Testament Set Time: 8.05-8.55

Testament Lineup:
Vocals: Chuck Billy
Guitar: Eric Peterson
Guitar: Glen Drover
Bass: Greg Christian
Drums: Paul Bostaph

Megadeth Set List:

01. Set The World Afire
02. Wake Up Dead
03. In My Darkest Hour
04. Holy Wars...The Punishment Due
05. Hanger 18
06. Take No Prisoners
07. Five Magics
08. Poison Was The Cure
09. Lucretia
10. Tornado Of Souls
11. Dawn Patrol
12. Rust In Peace...Polaris
13. Head Crusher
14. Trust
15. Symphony Of Destruction

16. Peace Sells
17. Holy Wars (Reprise)

Megadeth Set Time: 9.30-10.55

Megadeth Lineup:
Guitar/Vocals: Dave Mustaine
Guitar: Chris Broderick
Bass: David Ellefson
Drums: Shawn Drover

This was definitely an amazing show. I got to the venue just as doors opened so I only had to stand in line at the merch table for about 15 minutes. I had 7th row center and I thought all 3 bands sounded good from the floor. Megadeth sounded excellent except Dave's vocals seemed to be a little to low in the mix. But I have thought that after every Megadeth show that I have seen. As others have mentioned, I couldn't hear the vocals on Dawn Patrol until the very last part of the song. Chris Broderick is an amazing guitarist and I thought that the solos were outstanding during the entire set. It was really cool to see David Ellefson back in the band. I bought the remastered copy of Rust In Peace so that I could get it signed by Mustaine and Ellefson after the show.

This was my first time seeing Exodus and it won't be the last. I thought they were very good. At the end of the show, Lee Altus pulled a kid (maybe 9yrs old?) out of the crowd. He strapped his guitar on the kid and let him "play" it during the wind down of the last song. They gave the kid guitar picks and a set list. It was very cool.

Testament was great as always. It was very cool to hear them play the entire Legacy CD. I had only heard three of those songs live before so it was also a nice change of pace. Alex Skolnick missed the tour due to prior commitments with his trio, but Glen Drover did a good job filling in. I caught one of his picks so I now have a Glen Drover Testament pick and a Glen Drover Megadeth pick. (For whatever that is worth, ha ha.)

I really wish that I could see this show again! It is always hard to rank shows but this was definitely one of the best that I have ever been to. It was absolutely incredible to hear all of Rust In Peace live. And I liked all three bands, which doesn't happen very often anymore. It is too bad that it was at a theater because this should have been a general admission show. It is also unfortunate that many areas of the country are not getting to see this show. I really hope that they do more shows with the Rust In Peace set list. I would certainly catch it again if I could.