WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Muse -- Philadelphia, PA -- March 2nd, 2010 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=12695)

DisasterPiece120 03-02-2010 07:17 PM

Muse -- Philadelphia, PA -- March 2nd, 2010

Awesome show. If they come to your town you must check this show out.

1. Uprising
2. Resistance
3. New Born
4. Map of the Problematique
5. Supermassive Black Hole
6. Guiding Light
7. Interlude
8. Hysteria
9. Nishe
10. United States Of Eurasia
11. Feeling Good (Leslie Bricusse & Anthony Newley cover)
12. Helsinki Jam
13. Undisclosed Desires
14. Starlight
15. Plug In Baby
16. Time is Running Out
17. Unnatural Selection
Encore:
18. Exogenesis: Symphony, Part 1: Overture
19. Stockholm Syndrome :rocker:
20. Knights of Cydonia

Maiden33 03-02-2010 07:35 PM

Please have this moved, Mods. Muse = about as metal as Coldplay or The Killers.

bt11763 03-02-2010 07:44 PM

hurr durr 5fdp etc etc

i like muse.

Maiden33 03-02-2010 07:47 PM

[QUOTE=bt11763;254759]hurr durr 5fdp etc etc

i like muse.[/QUOTE]

No one hates metal elitism more than I do. I hate every band that is a trademark of tough guy metal elitism. I love bands less metal than Muse (which is saying a lot), but this band is NOT metal at all, and we've moved set lists out of the main forum if they weren't actually metal before. This shouldn't be an exception.

The Ghost at Number One 03-02-2010 07:48 PM

I like Muse, too. While certainly not metal, they're WAY heavier than Coldplay, The Killers, or any other "pop" band. It's true.

The Ghost at Number One 03-02-2010 07:49 PM

[QUOTE=Maiden33;254762]No one hates metal elitism more than I do. I hate every band that is a trademark of tough guy metal elitism. I love bands less metal than Muse (which is saying a lot), but this band is NOT metal at all, and we've moved set lists out of the main forum if they weren't actually metal before. This shouldn't be an exception.[/QUOTE]
I do see your point, though.

Maiden33 03-02-2010 07:54 PM

[QUOTE=The Ghost at Number One;254764]I like Muse, too. While certainly not metal, they're WAY heavier than Coldplay, The Killers, or any other "pop" band. It's true.[/QUOTE]

Not unless the dozen + songs I've suffered through were incredibly, incredibly misleading. Maybe a bit, but not WAY heavier. I actually probably like them less. I have heard few bands that annoy the piss out of me like they do - but for as much as they do, it still doesn't approach the degree to which a lot of their fans piss me off by trying to tote them around like a "Prog" band, which kinda makes me want to vomit a little. Bunch of music elitists dressing up the simplistic if you ask me.

Natrlhi 03-02-2010 07:54 PM

I like Muse. A lot. I was going to comment about how awesome the set list was, but somehow I'd rather go to bed now. My buzz has been murdered. Thanks, Maiden33. :rolleyes:

mankvill 03-02-2010 07:58 PM

[QUOTE=Maiden33;254755]Please have this moved, Mods. Muse = about as metal as Coldplay or The Killers.[/QUOTE]

LMFAO youtube Knights of Cydonia plz

Maiden33 03-02-2010 08:05 PM

[QUOTE=mankvill;254774]LMFAO youtube Knights of Cydonia plz[/QUOTE]

The only song I've heard the remotely suggests otherwise. And it was the first I heard, which is why I didn't hate them from the beginning. But then the more I heard, the more a huge WTF came to mind.

Look - I'm not saying Muse are horrible and no one should like them - everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I just think the band is VERY mispresented, probably much more by their own fanbase than themselves. I'm just kinda getting tired of hearing about them.

Oh yes, and Threshold did a pretty awesome cover of Supermassive Black Hole, that actually sounds remotely like Prog Metal - fun, but still kinda gay.