WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Trapped Under Ice -- Haverhill, MA -- February 15th, 2010 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=12573)

Metal_Head 02-16-2010 11:29 AM

Trapped Under Ice -- Haverhill, MA -- February 15th, 2010

Show was at a small club a few minutes down the street from me called Anchors Up. Really awesome place, I go to hardcore shows there often. This was the first show I've seen there with a national band though. The venue was pretty damn packed.

First 2 bands were a couple locals I dig called Think Again, and Watchfire. Both played good sets.

Up next was my favorite hardcore band out of Massachusetts, a band called Revenge. I'm sure nobody here's ever heard of them, but I recommend you check them out and give them a chance. They're getting pretty damn big in a short period of time, they were part of a week long tour with TUI and Death Threat, this was one of the last stops. They were awesome, and the crowd went batshit insane for them. They played (in no particular order, only the first few and last few are in order):

New Song
Living Dead
Darwinism
New Song
New Song
Departed
Daggers
The World Makes Me Sick
In God We Mistrust
Going Nowhere
Bloodhorse
Haunted
Madness of War (Ringworm Cover)

Another local that's pretty popular in the area, The Bonus Army played next. Pretty solid set from them.

Trapped Under Ice followed them and absolutely destroyed. The crowd was off the hook, I'll be damned if I've ever seen a crazier crowd. The set was a lot of fun, one of the best hardcore bands I've seen live. Their set was:

See God
Skeleton Heads
TUI
Gemini
Stay Cold
Half A Person
Reality Unfolds
Soul Vice
Evelyn
Believe

That's their whole set, basically in order. I may have mistaken another song for Soul Vice, I can't remember. Pretty sure it was Soul Vice though.

Awesome show, I left before Death Threat though. I'm sure they kicked ass.

mankvill 02-16-2010 01:14 PM

Wanna see Trapped Under Ice eventually.

Metal_Head 02-16-2010 01:57 PM

TUI's great man, it'd be a good time. Doubt you'd be a fan of the hardcore crowds though.

mastodon421 02-16-2010 02:00 PM

Metal_Head are you from Haverhill? I didn't event know they had a club venue up there.

Metal_Head 02-16-2010 02:04 PM

Nope, I'm from Methuen, 5 minutes from Haverhill. And yeah, it's a great venue, lots of awesome hardcore shows there. They don't hold many metal shows there, but Unearth played there in August.

mastodon421 02-16-2010 02:07 PM

Nice thats cool to have a small venue that in the area. Haverhill/Methuen is like 45 min away from where i am.

mankvill 02-16-2010 02:28 PM

[QUOTE=Metal_Head;251994]TUI's great man, it'd be a good time. Doubt you'd be a fan of the hardcore crowds though.[/QUOTE]

au contraire mon nig

Hardcore crowds are entirely different that stupid metalcore/deathcore crowds

Metal_Head 02-16-2010 04:41 PM

Yeah mastodon, it's awesome. Tons of great shows there.

True mankvill, but you still get your fair share of douchers. Tons of hatemoshing if you're standing around, and of course it's all hardcore dancing. I have no problem with people dancing at a hardcore show, I just don't partake in it. Pileups/stagediving ftw though.

Also, everyone check out: myspace.com/revengema

Awesome stuff.