WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Nile -- Springfield, VA -- February 14th, 2010 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=12556)

BrutalN00dle 02-14-2010 08:49 PM

Nile -- Springfield, VA -- February 14th, 2010

Hot damn, killer show. My friend and I arrived after the local opener (I can't stand that particular band), and saw Dreaming Dead setting up, and was surprised to find there were two women in the band. After their set, I was preparing to grit my teeth throughout Rose Funeral, but found out that their van crashed and they couldn't make the show :D .

Krisiun totally slayed, it was my second time seeing them and they rocked the fuck out through their set. I'm unsure of their setlist, they didn't have them on the floor, though I know they played "Murderer". Then came the mighty IMMOLATION, which was my favorite of the night. What a kickass, brutal performance, from a legendary band. They also had killer merch, I purchased a shirt with "CAN YOU HEAR US? DEATH TO JESUS" on it. Best $20 ever.

Finally, Nile. I had really disliked them until their newest album came out. "For Whom the Gods Detest" changed my opinion on the band. Karl had about 4 million guitars to sound check, so my friend and I chatted with the guitarist of Cab Ride Home (One of the best bands in VA). Finally Nile came out, and made me into a proper Nile fan.

IMMOLATION:
Passion Kill
Swarm Of Terror
Majesty and Decay
The Purge
Den Of Thieves
Father You're Not A Father :rocker:
No Jesus, No Beast
World Agony :rocker:

Nile:
Kafir!
Sacrifice Unto Sebek
Hittite Dung Incantation :rocker:
Sepent Headed Mask
Ithyphallic
Execration Text
Papyrus...
4th Arra of Dagon
Permitting the...
Sarcophagus
Lashed to the Slave Stick
Cast Down the Heretic
Black Seeds of Vengeance

Definitely one of the better shows I've seen, especially since Rose Funeral didn't play, so the bands had less of a time constraint. Krisiun and Immolation both played no frills, brutal, death metal. Nile was very impressive, with Karl and Dallas doing a lot of crowd interaction. At one point Dallas told a man in the front "Hey man, if you're gonna be grumpy just give someone else your spot", and Karl chimed in "Everybody over here, and over there, are having a great time, except you man".

Killer show.

idrinkwine732 02-14-2010 08:54 PM

[QUOTE=BrutalN00dle;251604]I was preparing to grit my teeth throughout Rose Funeral, but found out that their van crashed and they couldn't make the show :D . [/QUOTE]

No fucking way...

Magson13 02-14-2010 09:22 PM

FUCK YA! Hopefully they don't make it to VA at all, and they don't show on tuesday too :party:

bt11763 02-14-2010 09:57 PM

[QUOTE=BrutalN00dle;251604]I was preparing to grit my teeth throughout Rose Funeral, but found out that their van crashed and they couldn't make the show :D .
[/QUOTE]

And nothing of value was lost :D

mastodon421 02-15-2010 08:10 AM

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rose Funeral's van crashing made my day.

PROMETHERION 02-15-2010 11:30 AM

[QUOTE=mastodon421;251658]YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rose Funeral's van crashing made my day.[/QUOTE]

Im sure Fires of Sedation is doing cartwheels right now

mankvill 02-15-2010 11:33 AM

Longer than normal Immolation set!

I'm jealous. :flame:

Fires Of Sedition 02-15-2010 11:48 AM

I was showing my friends the hate for RF on this board last night and we saw that they crashed their van. We were all laughing hysterically. Hopefully at least one of those douche masters is in the hospital.

Oh, on a side note, if you have a Facebook, join our group - The Uno Champions

AnataFan4Life 02-15-2010 12:37 PM

Does this mean Rose Funeral are out of commission for the rest of the tour?
I sure hope so, more time for the GOOD bands :party:

rjturtle9 02-15-2010 12:43 PM

[QUOTE=PROMETHERION;251694]Im sure FiresofSedation is doing cartwheels right now[/QUOTE]

:lol: