WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Machine Head -- Vienna, Austria -- February 10th, 2010 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=12516)

Crumbs 02-10-2010 09:28 PM

Machine Head -- Vienna, Austria -- February 10th, 2010

Clenching the Fists of Dissent
Imperium
Beautiful Mourning
A Nation On Fire :rocker:
Ten Ton Hammer
Now I Lay Thee Down
Struck A Nerve
Aesthetics of Hate
Old
The Burning Red
Exhale The Vile
Bulldozer
Block
Halo
Davidian

Source: [url=http://takemyscars.com/Machine_Head_-_Vienna-Austria_-_Gasometer_-_February_10-2010]TakeMyScars.com[/url]

idrinkwine732 02-10-2010 09:39 PM

Yet another solid setlist.

mankvill 02-10-2010 09:44 PM

I have been seeing a ton of Machine Head setlists here recently and I decided to check them out and I really do not like them.

maidenpriest 02-10-2010 11:19 PM

YES! A NATION ON FIRE!!! :D one of my favorite songs by them

idrinkwine732 02-11-2010 06:06 AM

[QUOTE=mankvill;250816]I have been seeing a ton of Machine Head setlists here recently and I decided to check them out and I really do not like them.[/QUOTE]

They're one of those tastes I acquired when I was younger, and as my taste evolved, this one for some reason didn't really go away.

daimonos 02-11-2010 08:01 AM

[QUOTE=mankvill;250816]I have been seeing a ton of Machine Head setlists here recently and I decided to check them out and I really do not like them.[/QUOTE]

I'd think that if you were to like any of their stuff, it would be The Blackening or Burn My Eyes.

But if you don't like them, you probably won't like the band at all.

jhdeity 02-11-2010 08:40 AM

That's because you're a total fukkin IDIOT!

Maybe if he vomited the vocals you would love them while you sit in your dorm room all alone night after night trying to annoy your not friends. hahahaha

EPIC FAILURE AT LIFE!

mankvill 02-11-2010 10:33 AM

[QUOTE=jhdeity;250857]That's because you're a total fukkin IDIOT!

Maybe if he vomited the vocals you would love them while you sit in your dorm room all alone night after night trying to annoy your not friends. hahahaha

EPIC FAILURE AT LIFE![/QUOTE]

Lol, I knew you'd be in love with Machine Head. They have faux-macho tough guy posturing, but still keep the pussy clean vocals because the kids like you are too scared of screaming. Go back to the bar with your bro's and rub dicks with them over the next UFC match, the adults are trying to have a mature conversation in this thread.

[QUOTE=daimonos;250849]I'd think that if you were to like any of their stuff, it would be The Blackening or Burn My Eyes.

But if you don't like them, you probably won't like the band at all.[/QUOTE]

I had The Blackening downloaded a while back before I lost the music on my computer, but I only remember the son Aesthetics of Hate, and that's an okay song. I youtubed Ten Ton Hammer and Halo and it just seemed too downtuned, too nu-metal for me.

Sanitarium78 02-11-2010 11:22 AM

[QUOTE=mankvill;250873]Lol, I knew you'd be in love with Machine Head. They have faux-macho tough guy posturing, but still keep the pussy clean vocals because the kids like you are too scared of screaming[/QUOTE]

Clean vocals are not pussy. In fact metal was built on clean vocals. It's the metal I grew up with. Where all this incoherent screaming of the vocals came from is beyond me.

It's fine if you like that style but I for one actually like some melody and clarity in my vocalists. It doesn't make someone a pussy because they like their vocals clean. It just means they know how to appreciate singers who actually wanna try and don't go out there and do uniteligable screams and grunts into the mic that make them sound horrible and make them come off as if they don't know what they're doing vocally. Which in most cases I believe that to be true.

mankvill 02-11-2010 11:27 AM

[QUOTE=Sanitarium78;250892]Clean vocals are not pussy. In fact metal was built on clean vocals. It's the metal I grew up with. Where all this incoherent screaming of the vocals came from is beyond me.

It's fine if you like that style but I for one actually like some melody and clarity in my vocalists. It doesn't make someone a pussy because they like their vocals clean. It just means they know how to appreciate singers who actually wanna try and don't go out there and do uniteligable screams and grunts into the mic that make them sound horrible and make them come off as if they don't know what they're doing vocally. Which in most cases I believe that to be true.[/QUOTE]

I think clean vocals completely kill "heavy" music. I'm totally fine and it's awesome for bands like Iron Maiden, Blind Guardian, etc.

But other than that? I dunno, man.