WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Queensryche -- Seattle, WA -- February 4th, 2010 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=12507)

Travis The Dragon 02-10-2010 04:31 PM

Queensryche -- Seattle, WA -- February 4th, 2010

Hit the black
Desert Dance
I am I
Sacred ground
Promised Land
Disconnected
Lady Jane
Another rainy night
Art of Life
Thin line
Jet city women
The lady wore black
Tribe
Liquid sky
Roads to madness
There was you
Right side of my mind

Source: [url]http://www.anybodylistening.net/breakdownroom/index.php?topic=1746.75[/url]

The source says that the setlist was the same for both nights.

DethMaiden 02-10-2010 05:09 PM

Damn! See, I'd see them one more time if they'd do a "real" setlist like this instead of the bullshit suites they've been doing for most of the last decade.

EDIT: Nothing from their two best records (RFO and Mindcrime) though. :nonono:

JRA 02-10-2010 05:32 PM

Damn. Not a single song from their new album either. :lol:

Sanitarium78 02-10-2010 06:17 PM

[QUOTE=JRA;250719]Damn. Not a single song from their new album either. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Actually there new one is the best they've done since Promised Land. It wasn't anything great but it was all right, at least it was compared to what they released between HITNF and OMC2.

As for the set, is Geoff still able to hit the notes on TLWB and RTM still? With the exception of those two and some stuff off PL are they trying to lull the crowd to sleep with this set? Just terrible song selections for the most part here. I hope they're not planning a whole tour with this setlist.

maidenpriest 02-10-2010 11:21 PM

well its nice to see roads to madness at least... >.>

Fe Maiden 02-11-2010 06:39 AM

[QUOTE=maidenpriest;250831]well its nice to see roads to madness at least... >.>[/QUOTE]More from The Warning would be nice!

Slash1358 02-12-2010 02:13 PM

Can someone please explain why the haven't been playing a single song from Mindcrime?

Travis The Dragon 02-12-2010 04:41 PM

[QUOTE=Slash1358;251163]Can someone please explain why the haven't been playing a single song from Mindcrime?[/QUOTE]

Because they already played the living hell out of it on the tour before American Soldier.

Sanitarium78 02-12-2010 06:27 PM

[QUOTE=fonzbear2000;251185]Because they already played the living hell out of it on the tour before American Soldier.[/QUOTE]

But there's a such thing as standards in every bands set. Not everyone has seen them, including myself, on one of the tours they did all of OMC. If someone goes to a show expecting to hear some Mindcrime stuff and they don't do anything from it, it turns fans off. It causes fans not to wanna come back to the shows again and Queensryche needs that right now. Most dedicated Queensryche fans (are there really any of those left?) may consider those songs overplayed. But the majority of fans don't see it like that. That's why I didn't see them when they toured over the summer, where they did a free concert at a local park back in July in my area. It's also why I wouldn't see them if they were to come back to my area now playing this kind of set.

People will go to shows if they know the band will be playing their more well known stuff and in the case of Mindcrime, Queensryche's best material. When you do a set like this it's a big fuck you to the fans. Mindcrime was the album that got them noticed and got fans into them. To not do anything from it, no matter how overplayed it is, is an abomination.

I hope Geoff is satisfied with the ever dwindiling fanbase the band has. Honestly, i've never heard a band go from being so good like they were from 83-94 to turning into complete crap musically like they have since then. With releasing awful material (their new one was OK though) like they have since HITNF combined with these kinda sets they're doing, they'll be lucky to have anyone left who wants to see them or get their new albums in a few years.