WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Judas Priest -- San Diego, CA -- October 12, 1988 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=12469)

ijwthstd 02-07-2010 08:25 PM

Judas Priest -- San Diego, CA -- October 12, 1988

San Diego Sports Arena

SLAYER (South Of Heaven tour)

South of Heaven
Raining Blood
Silent Scream
At Dawn They Sleep
Read Between the Lies
Mandatory Suicide
Behind the Crooked Cross
Spill the Blood
Live Undead
Angel of Death

JUDAS PRIEST (Ram It Down tour)

Hellion/Electric Eye
Metal Gods
Sinner
Breaking the Law
Come and Get It
I'm a Rocker
The Sentinel
Ripper
Beyond the Realms of Death
Some Heads are Gonna Role
Turbo Lover
Ram it Down
Heavy Metal
Victim of Changes
The Green Manalishi
Living After Midnight
You've Got Another Thing Comin'
Hell Bent for Leather

mankvill 02-07-2010 09:16 PM

and best setlist of all time goes to THIS THREAD RIGHT HERE

The Ghost at Number One 02-08-2010 12:03 AM

Not too bad a setlist, I must say. I'm pretty sure they were doing Blood Red Skies on this tour, though. Not sure why they didn't do it at this show, though...

Natrlhi 02-08-2010 06:27 AM

[QUOTE=mankvill;249940]and best setlist of all time goes to THIS THREAD RIGHT HERE[/QUOTE]

Holy shit, that is a pretty fucking awesome set. :bowdown:

JRA 02-08-2010 07:33 AM

There is precisely one thing wrong with this set: The lame "I'm a Rocker." It should have been switched with Monster of Rock or Blood Red Skies.

DethMaiden 02-08-2010 07:35 AM

[QUOTE=mankvill;249940]and best setlist of all time goes to THIS THREAD RIGHT HERE[/QUOTE]

No Priest setlist from before they recorded Painkiller can ever be the best of all time.

Natrlhi 02-08-2010 07:40 AM

[QUOTE=DethMaiden;249988]No Priest setlist from before they recorded Painkiller can ever be the best of all time.[/QUOTE]

Maybe / maybe not, but this is still pretty fucking great. I still wish to hell I'd seen this tour back then - I remember really wanting to go, but I can't remember why it wasn't an option for me. I'd give anything to have a time machine for shit like this. :D

[QUOTE=JRA;249987]There is precisely one thing wrong with this set: The lame "I'm a Rocker." It should have been switched with Monster of Rock or Blood Red Skies.[/QUOTE]
I think I'd have to agree - but you also have to realize, "I'm a Rocker" is pretty much an anthem, and that kind of shit was really popular back then - there was a radio station called Z-Rock out of somewhere in Texas back then, and it was syndicated in Cleveland, and they actually used to play that song on "mainstream" radio once in a while. I do like your other two choices better, though - especially "Blood Red Skies". That one was teh jam. :rocker:

ImmortalEmperor 02-08-2010 09:03 AM

I saw this tour in Phoenix but had forgotten some of the songs over the years. Thanks for posting! :rocker:

Travis The Dragon 02-08-2010 03:06 PM

[QUOTE=Natrlhi;249991]there was a radio station called Z-Rock out of somewhere in Texas back then, and it was syndicated in Cleveland, and they actually used to play that song on "mainstream" radio once in a while.[/QUOTE]
We had Z-Rock here in Minnesota as well! They were the best USA metal station EVER! I remember turning them on once and they were playing an entire Iron Maiden concert from their no prayer on the road tour! And it wasn't late at night. It was in the middle of the day! Damn, I miss that station!

PowerMaiden 02-08-2010 03:22 PM

[QUOTE=DethMaiden;249988]No Priest setlist can ever be the best of all time.[/QUOTE]

hahaha like you guys always do ...

FIXED !! ;)

Cheers!
PowerMaiden