WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Between The Buried and Me -- Boston, MA -- January 28th, 2010 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=12398)

mastodon421 01-29-2010 11:12 AM

Between The Buried and Me -- Boston, MA -- January 28th, 2010

Great show and a great way to start off my 2010 concert attending.

Got to the House Of Blues when Scale The Summit had already played a couple of songs. They were very good. Some really cool and relaxing instrumental prog rock. Met them after the show really chill guys. Great performance.

Setlist
(missed first song or two)
Sargasso Sea
City In The Sky
Dunes
The Great Plains

Devin Townsend Project was up next. I always liked Strapping Young Lad but I really could never get into his solo stuff. I got to say though he put on a great show. Really great stage presence and hillarious songs/banter. Will defintely be checking out his studio stuff now.

Setlist(I got this from a guy at the show)
Disruptr
Supercrush!
Kingdom
Truth
By Your Command

Cynic was really underwhelming. They did this really odd thing where they made the whole crow do yoga. They are very talented and I have a lot of respect for what they do but they were quite boring. I am assuming the setlist is the same as in past shows but the only songs I can confirm are Adam's Murmur,The Space for This and the new song Wheels Without Wheels.

Between The Buried and Me as usual slayed. Hearing The Great Misdirect songs live was just awesome. Disease,Injury,Madness hopefully become a staple of BTBAM shows forever because it is especially jaw-dropping live. Their performance also brought one of the funniest things I have ever seen at a show. Someone managed to get over the barrier and onto the stage. The person then proceeded to kiss Tommy Rogers on the cheek and then jump off the stage. It was one of the funniest things I have ever seen at a show. Back on topic Between The Buried and Me is top 3 best live bands I have ever seen and they are fucking legends.

Setlist
Obfuscation
Disease,Injury,Madness
More Of Myself To Kill
Ants Of The Sky
Alaska
Swim To The Moon
Encore
White Walls(with 15 second tease of Prequel To The Sequel in the middle)

Scores
Scale The Summit 8/10
Devin Townsend Project 8.5/10
Cynic 5/10
Between The Buried and Me 10/10

kevin_headbanger 01-29-2010 02:27 PM

Great band

Yup, I saw them on January 27th in Montreal (no one put a setlist or a thread about this gig), and it was obviously the same setlist. They were very energetic on stage, this band just kicks ass... I would have liked to see more songs from Alaska (like Backwards Marathon or Selkies), and Prequel to the Sequel, but it was a good setlist overall. Swim to the Moon is just great.

Reivas 01-30-2010 12:52 AM

Cynic's setlist was the same from the other show

Nunc Fluens
The Space for This
Evolutionary Sleeper
Celestial Voyage
Wheels Within Wheels (apparently a song no one has heard)
Adam's Murmur
King of Those Who Know
Nunc Stans
Integral Birth

However, they played Veil of Maya earlier instead of the new song...can't complain, I adored their set.