WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Saint Vitus -- Los Angeles, CA -- January 28th, 2010 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=12396)

christopher 01-29-2010 01:30 AM

Saint Vitus -- Los Angeles, CA -- January 28th, 2010

Saint Vitus-Ultra Violet Lounge-Los Angeles, CA-1-28-2010

1. Living Backwards
2. I Bleed Black
3. Clear Windowpane
4. The War Starter
5. Look Behind You
6. The Troll with drum solo
7. White Stallions
8. Mystic Lady
9. Saint Vitus
---------------
10. Dying Inside
11. Burial at Sea with Scott Reagers!!!:rocker::rocker::rocker:
12. Born Too Late

Holy shit! This seriously was the greatest show I have ever been to! It was like a religious experience, only better! I've been waiting years to see these guys. Hell I figured I would never see them, let alone the big surprise they pulled out at the end of the show. SV played from 11:30 to a little bit after 1. From the very first note of Living Backwards till that last note of Born Too Late, everyone was just in shock to just be witnessing this great band play. Hell even Dave Chandler was surprised at the turnout compared to the Vitus shows in the 80s. Wino sounded great for being almost 50. After they did Dying Inside, Wino walked off the stage, I figured he was just getting a beer. Dave then asked if any of the older fans were on LSD that night, because if they were, they would feel like it was the 80s again for what was about to happen. A familiar man walked on stage but I couldn't figure out who he was. He started tapping some beer bottles together and the opening bass riff for Burial At Sea began. At that point I realized who this man was. It was fucking Scott Reagers!! Everyone went ape shit at the fact that we were witnessing the original singer of Vitus come and sing with them. He sounded great! Too bad it was only one song, but it was something that will probably never happen again. Wino came back and they finished up with Born Too Late. I'm still amazed by how awesome tonight was!

BlackmoreOfBowling 01-29-2010 06:10 AM

What the hell has Scott Reagers been up to all these years?!

Man, in between this show and Pentagram it's great to see that classic Traditional Doom is still alive and kicking ass in 2010.

IrritatedTrout 01-29-2010 07:18 AM

Sounds like a great show.

ADD 01-29-2010 10:09 AM

Fuck!!!!!! :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: That shit ruled. Reagers! :eek: So fuckin heavy, WHITE! STALLIOOOOOOOOOOOONS

Saviours also ruled, keep gettin tighter and heavier and better each time I see em, Chris from Lecherous Gaze/ex-Annihilation Time is on bass now since Cyrus left in November, but they haven't lost a step and sounded huge. Austin's got some rad tats. Him and Sonny were lookin and soundin like a formidable axe tandem. Setlist:

Livin In The Void
We Roam
Raging Embers
Narcotic Sea
Slave to the Hex
Cavern of Mind
Acid Hand

Awesome gig :blaze:

mankvill 01-29-2010 10:17 AM

:horns:

Quick, recommend me some Vitus and traditional doom!

ijwthstd 02-01-2010 09:55 AM

I wanted to go but I didn't care for the ticket price or the location.