WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Between the Buried And Me -- Louisville, KY -- January 22nd, 2010 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=12342)

DethMaiden 01-22-2010 09:58 PM

Between the Buried And Me -- Louisville, KY -- January 22nd, 2010

Great show, great night. Got lost and missed Scale the Summit and half of Devin Townsend, but he closed with Universe in a Ball! and By Your Command, and I heard a couple before those that I didn't know.

Cynic were amazing, maybe not quite as mindblowing as they were before DForce last year, but they replaced The Unknown Guest with Veil of Maya AND Nunc Stans since then, and that more than made up for the minor reduction in effect of their show. Love this band:

Nunc Fluens
The Space for This
Evolutionary Sleeper
Celestial Voyage
Veil of Maya
Adam's Murmur
King of Those Who Know
Nunc Stans
Integral Birth

Between the Buried and Me were ridiculous as always. Fourth time seeing them and quite possibly the best. Very few bands compare, especially in a live environment. I'm gonna have bruises when I wake up, but I really don't care because the show was so fucking good.

Obfuscation
Disease, Injury, Madness
More of Myself to Kill
Ants of the Sky
Alaska
Swim to the Moon
---
White Walls

Order should be right on both of those. See this tour!

EDIT: Devin set:

Disruptor
Supercrush!
Kingdom
Truth
Universe in a Ball!
By Your Command

ChildrenofSodom 01-22-2010 10:00 PM

Any karate kickers?

DethMaiden 01-22-2010 10:01 PM

[QUOTE=ChildrenofSodom;247208]Any karate kickers?[/QUOTE]

None to be found, just generally fun crowd movement. Proof that BTBAM can attract great crowds or shitty crowds depending on the openers.

ChildrenofSodom 01-22-2010 10:10 PM

I bet it was fun trying to cross the street after the show with all those proggers.

mastodon421 01-23-2010 05:21 AM

Cant wait for Thursday. BTBAM setlist is the best I have ever seen from them.

Ozzach 01-23-2010 12:58 PM

There were certainly some karate kickers. I was surprised at how much of the crowd seemed to be the metalcore kids, not prog nerds. Wasn't overly enthused by the crowd actually, but I'm an old curmudgeon, and the bands were kickass. Very kickass. Missed Scale the Summit, stupid Headliners opening the doors late.

Devin started with:
Disruptor
Supercrush!
Kingdom
Truth

Then I think he went into the stuff above. He was my main reason for going, but Cynic were killer and BTBAM brought it, was thrilled by their set too.

DethMaiden 01-23-2010 01:02 PM

[QUOTE=Ozzach;247264]There were certainly some karate kickers. I was surprised at how much of the crowd seemed to be the metalcore kids, not prog nerds. Wasn't overly enthused by the crowd actually, but I'm an old curmudgeon, and the bands were kickass. Very kickass. Missed Scale the Summit, stupid Headliners opening the doors late.

Devin started with:
Disruptor
Supercrush!
Kingdom
Truth

Then I think he went into the stuff above. He was my main reason for going, but Cynic were killer and BTBAM brought it, was thrilled by their set too.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I was in the clusterfuck of the first couple of rows so the karate kickers must have been so far behind me that I didn't see them. Cool show. :horns:

Ozzach 01-23-2010 01:21 PM

And I was towards the bar, hanging out with the dad of some dudes who were up there with you. Fuckin' awesome show though. The finale of White Walls is as good a way to end a metal show as I've ever seen.

the chewbacca defense 01-23-2010 10:41 PM

[QUOTE=Ozzach;247266]And I was towards the bar, hanging out with the dad of some dudes who were up there with you. Fuckin' awesome show though. The finale of White Walls is as good a way to end a metal show as I've ever seen.[/QUOTE]

yep, and the breakdown is actually the one good time to go fuckin crazy, as BTBAM isn't really known for being a breakdown heavy band