WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Megadeth -- Fargo, ND -- December 8th, 2009 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=12082)

jeremysaal 12-11-2009 08:06 AM

Megadeth -- Fargo, ND -- December 8th, 2009

Tour: End Game
Headliner:Megadeth
Support: Arcanium, Warbringer, & Suicide Silence
Venue: The Venue, Fargo, ND
Date: December 8, 2009

My boys and I took the four hour plus drive to Fargo to see Megadeth and Warbringer. Though it was close to -10 outside, it was well worth it!

This was my first time seeing Warbringer live, though I listen to their cds at home every few days or so. These guys tore the place up! They were just as good as Megadeth. I can't wait to see them open for Overkill next year. What a combination that will be!

Suicide Silence wasn't as bad as I thought they would be. They were decent. Many individuals in the crowd were doing some type of metal/gay line-dancing to their songs. Not sure what that was all about, but regardless, I won't bash the homosexual population in Fargo.

Megadeth did the same set as the previous shows, but it was still great. It was cool getting to hear five songs off the new album. After the show, we did the cd signing and met Dave and Chris. Both of them each gave my two sons a guitar pick, in addition to signing their cds.

I can't wait to catch Megadeth with Slayer and Testament next year!

Warbringer:

Jackal
Living In A Whirlwind
Severed Reality
Scorched Earth
Total War
Prey For Death
Combat Shock

Megadeth:

Dialectic Chaos
This Day We Fight!
Wake Up Dead
Skin O' My Teeth
Headcrusher
A Tout Le Monde
She-Wolf
Tornado Of Souls
1,320'
In My Darkest Hour
Sweating Bullets
Hangar 18
44 Minutes
Trust
Symphony Of Destruction
Peace Sells

Holy Wars

Sanitarium78 12-11-2009 12:43 PM

It sucks Megadeth isn't really getting anywhere near me with this tour or the next one with Slayer/Testament:mad: Both tours are completely ignoring New York state except for the NYC area. Dave needs to have a talk with whoever the hell is booking this tour though I doubt he will artists usually have little control over where they're booked to play. It still sucks they're missing all of upstate NY.

The only thing i'd change about the set is to add in Endgame and maybe give WUD a rest for the tour and replace it with STWA even though I know how much WUD rocks live every song needs a break hear and there live. I know we all want more variety live from them but i've seen them 4 times and there's just something special about how they play the standards that makes it so good you really could care less about lack of variety.

b1indedbyfear 12-11-2009 01:20 PM

I would not mind them replacing Sweating Bullets on the Slayer tour or even switch Trust for A Secret Place.

andrew_metalhead 12-11-2009 02:19 PM

Can anyone tell me what time Warbringer start their set?

I'll most probably have to miss Warbringer because I have a meet-n-greet with Megadeth which starts at 6. But after having gone through the things that happened to me in Vancouver, I am ready to sacrifice anything to meet Megadeth.

jeremysaal 12-11-2009 06:35 PM

[QUOTE=Sanitarium78;241091]It sucks Megadeth isn't really getting anywhere near me with this tour or the next one with Slayer/Testament:mad: Both tours are completely ignoring New York state except for the NYC area. Dave needs to have a talk with whoever the hell is booking this tour though I doubt he will artists usually have little control over where they're booked to play. It still sucks they're missing all of upstate NY.[/QUOTE]

Hey man, they are playing Toronto on 2/19/10. I've done the Buffalo to Toronto trip in just a couple of hours. Hopefully, the roads will be clear and the customs agents will let everyone through quickly at the border.

Get your butt to Toronto!

Good luck!

:rocker:

jeremysaal 12-11-2009 06:41 PM

[QUOTE=andrew_metalhead;241106]Can anyone tell me what time Warbringer start their set?

I'll most probably have to miss Warbringer because I have a meet-n-greet with Megadeth which starts at 6. But after having gone through the things that happened to me in Vancouver, I am ready to sacrifice anything to meet Megadeth.[/QUOTE]

In Fargo, Warbringer followed Arcanium. Arcanium started at 6:40 or so and played for about a half hour. Warbringer probably had their stuff set up within 10 minutes. 7:20 or so, I would guess. The show had a start time of 6:30, so a ten minute late start wasn't too bad.

Good luck! Don't miss Megadeth, but try to make sure that you catch Warbringer!

andrew_metalhead 12-11-2009 09:47 PM

[QUOTE=jeremysaal;241142]In Fargo, Warbringer followed Arcanium. Arcanium started at 6:40 or so and played for about a half hour. Warbringer probably had their stuff set up within 10 minutes. 7:20 or so, I would guess. The show had a start time of 6:30, so a ten minute late start wasn't too bad.

Good luck! Don't miss Megadeth, but try to make sure that you catch Warbringer![/QUOTE]

Yeah but for some reason the HOB in Vegas are starting the show at 5.45. So that would mean Arcanium from 5.45 to 6.15 and Warbringer from 6.30 onwards .. oh well, may be I can catch some 15-20 minutes of their set.

Sanitarium78 12-12-2009 05:07 PM

[QUOTE=jeremysaal;241141]Hey man, they are playing Toronto on 2/19/10. I've done the Buffalo to Toronto trip in just a couple of hours. Hopefully, the roads will be clear and the customs agents will let everyone through quickly at the border.

Get your butt to Toronto!

Good luck!

:rocker:[/QUOTE]

I know they're playing Toronto and i've made the trip from here up there many times before. It probably takes 2 hours or a little less to get there from where I am the problem is the people who work at the border have made it more of a pain in the ass to cross nowadays and you're sometimes looking at a long delay there before you get it. I'm not a patient person so I don't really consider it worth the hassel now. When I make a road trip for a show I like to just be able to get in the car and go there and not worry about bullshit like that.

The main point is that there are tons of fans in NY state that are getting completely ignored because they haven't got anything booked in the state outside of NYC which is crap. I'll look into going to the Toronto show it's on a friday so it's a possibility.