WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Megadeth -- Knoxville, TN -- November 22nd, 2009 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=11952)

Sanitarium78 11-23-2009 09:25 AM

Megadeth -- Knoxville, TN -- November 22nd, 2009

Source: setlists.fm

Dialectic Chaos
Wake Up Dead
Skin O' My Teeth
Headcrusher
A Toute Le Monde
Hook In Mouth
Tornado Of Souls
44 Minutes
In My Darkest Hour
Washington Is Next!
Sweating Bullets
Hangar 18
Trust
Symphony Of Destruction
Peace Sells

Holy Wars

I think this is the first time live for Dialectic Chaos other than that it's the standard US set they've been doing. All I know is if i was there i would've been pissed that TDWF! didn't come right after they did DC. The whole point of DC as far as i'm conserned is to set up for TDWF! Maybe Dave's just trying to fuck with people a bit by doing that.

jhdeity 11-23-2009 09:32 AM

[QUOTE=Sanitarium78;239066] All I know is if i was there i would've been pissed that TDWF! didn't come right after they did DC. The whole point of DC as far as i'm conserned is to set up for TDWF! Maybe Dave's just trying to fuck with people a bit by doing that.[/QUOTE]

What an ultilmate letdown. I bet people were going nuts in anticipation of TDWF. I know I would have.

Still a sold setlist but man that would have put it over the top.
A tout le monde? fukkin WHY? What a waste of 5 minutes...

Sanitarium78 11-23-2009 09:41 AM

[QUOTE=jhdeity;239068]What an ultilmate letdown. I bet people were going nuts in anticipation of TDWF. I know I would have.

A tout le monde? fukkin WHY? What a waste of 5 minutes...[/QUOTE]

A Toute Le Monde is one of their more well known songs. I've always liked it myself. I've seen Megadeth live four times and it always gets a great reaction that's probably why Dave keeps it in. I think it's one of the songs that got the newer generation of fans into them. In the US it's one of the last "hits" the band had.

IrritatedTrout 11-23-2009 09:46 AM

A Tout Le Monde got the biggest reaction apart from PS, Symphony, Holy Wars, and Sweating when I saw them a few days ago. It's a great song.

300%_Density 11-23-2009 11:15 AM

[QUOTE=jhdeity;239068]What an ultilmate letdown. I bet people were going nuts in anticipation of TDWF. I know I would have.

A tout le monde? fukkin WHY? What a waste of 5 minutes...[/QUOTE]

I am def on your side for A Tout le Monde. An absolute waste.

Fe Maiden 11-23-2009 11:34 AM

[QUOTE=Sanitarium78;239066]Tornado Of Souls
Hangar 18

Holy Wars

[/QUOTE]:drool:

powerslave12r 11-23-2009 11:37 AM

I was there last night.. drove a LONG way from North Carolina to watch it. Missed most of the opening acts, just caught Machine Head halfway and they kicked ass. I read somewhere that this was a world premiere of Dialectic Chaos, and looking at previous setlists, I was excited as shit to see them open with this.. and yes, I was let down when they didn't follow it up with TDWF.

I didn't stay around much later to get a cd signed or something but it was amazing seeing Megadeth at a small venue, The Valarium reminded me of those places bands play when they first start out. I can't believe I passed up a chance to meet Dave in person. But yeah, I was more worried about my car being towed out of the random parking outside.

JRA 11-23-2009 11:42 AM

Um...yay Hook In Mouth? :eyes:

Crumbs 11-23-2009 01:12 PM

Anyone who know the Machine Head setlist?

b1indedbyfear 11-23-2009 01:52 PM

The Richmond set was:

1 Imperium
2 Ten Ton Hammer
3 Struck A Nerve
4 Beautiful Mourning
5 Halo
6 Davidian

I think it has been the same at all the other shows so far