WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- November 17th, 2009 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=11912)

Jochen 11-18-2009 11:48 AM

Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- November 17th, 2009

This was held in the Eagles Ballroom, I got there around 6:30, just as Arcanium were starting. They were pretty bad, almost as bad as Destrophy. They sound like a bad metal band, who seemed like they were just going through the motions, especially the keyboardist.

Next up were Suicide Silence. A lot of people give them crap, and rightfully so. All of their songs were pretty much the same, and their singer looked like a complete idiot, doing his weird spider/monkey jump thing. There was a "FUCK YOU" chant during their set, and the drummer got angry and threw water at the crowd. But, the guitarists and bassist did fantastic windmills, and one of them was a good guitarist and one had a Suffocation shirt, so I guess that's cool. I don't know the setlist, but I recorded their set for some friends, so maybe I'll know in a while.

Then Machine Head came on. They were better than when I saw them with Metallica in January, but not as good as in 2007 with Lamb of God. The setlist might not be exact, but it's close...

Imperium
Ten Ton Hammer
Struck a Nerve
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Halo
Davidian

Once Machine Head ended, the crowd started pushing while Megadeth was setting up, and it did not stop. These 5 or 6 asshole Mexican guys, who I'm guessing were brothers or something, pushed passed everyone and were trying to throw people off the rail. I don't mind pushing at concerts, but they were really inconsiderate and just a bunch of assholes. It seems like it's been worse at each show I go to. But they'll get what's coming to them. Anyways, Megadeth put on a great show, as usual. The only problem I had, besides douchery in the crowd, was the setlist. Hearing Set the World Afire and Rattlehead was cool, but they took out Ashes in Your Mouth, Take No Prisoners, and Kick the Chair. Oh well. It was also the premiere of 44 Minutes, which was cool.

Set the World Afire
Wake Up Dead
Hangar 18
Skin 'O My Teeth
Head Crusher
A Tout Le Monde
Washington is Next
Tornado of Souls
In My Darkest Hour
Rattlehead
Sweating Bullets
44 Minutes
Trust
Symphony of Destruction
Peace Sells
Holy Wars
Silent Scorn (outro)

I also took part in the Endgame signing, which was cool, Dave and Chris signed it, and they were cool.

PICS
[url]http://www.therave.tv/concert_picture_gallery.asp?view=event&id=3999[/url]

IrritatedTrout 11-18-2009 11:51 AM

44 Minutes! Fucking great to see another Endgame song work its way into the set!:party:

mankvill 11-18-2009 12:49 PM

Wow, they really switched it up.

Acruce_Mortem 11-18-2009 01:16 PM

i really hope they keep this setlist!

Nickweiser 11-18-2009 01:23 PM

i am hating on myself for not seein this now backin out at the last minute. IDION GODDAMNIT! 44 Minutes is such a great song! At least i got tickets to see SLAYER MEGADETH and TESTAMENT today:rocker::D

Sanitarium78 11-18-2009 02:59 PM

I like that Dave is opening with Set The World Afire again. I think that's Megadeth's best song from the 80's. 1,320 seemed kinda strange for an opener so it's good he switched it back. Nice to see 44 minutes get it's live US debut. Hopefully This Day We Fight and Endgame will find their way into the set as well.

toolfansat 11-18-2009 03:29 PM

"douchery" :rocker::)

eyekantspele 11-18-2009 03:32 PM

They need to start playing Rust In Peace. does anyone know if they have ever played it live? i cant find any videos on youtube or anything.

idrinkwine732 11-18-2009 03:32 PM

I think Dialectic Chaos would be a fantastic opener.

TonyD 11-18-2009 06:03 PM

[QUOTE=idrinkwine732;238516]I think Dialectic Chaos would be a fantastic opener.[/QUOTE]

Yes

[QUOTE=eyekantspele;238515]They need to start playing Rust In Peace. does anyone know if they have ever played it live? i cant find any videos on youtube or anything.[/QUOTE]

If it's not on youtube, it doesn't exist