WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Dethklok -- Tulsa, OK -- November 14th, 2009 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=11887)

Fires Of Sedition 11-15-2009 07:23 AM

Dethklok -- Tulsa, OK -- November 14th, 2009

I know I'm going to catch shit for this...but it be da troof.

High On Fire - annoying
Converge - one of the top 3 worst bands I've seen live. I wanted to commit suicide several times during their way too long set, as did everyone near me, and the security guard that looks like a huge steroid raged Willie Adler with short hair.
Mastodon - boring. I know Mastodon are musical geniuses but they're not my thing.
Dethklok - fun and bad ass.

Detheme
Bloodlines
Burn The Earth
Hatredcopter
Black Fire Upon Us
Birthday Dethday
Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle
Dethsupport
Awaken
The Gears
Murmaider
Thunderhorse
------ENCORE-------
Go Into The Water
Fansong

Review may come later when my neck doesn't hurt and I stop having ringing ears from hell. Brady Theater is always just a little too loud, especially if you're up front.

Butcher of Birth 11-15-2009 09:49 AM

"Da Troof" to you, but to everyone else? GTFO :lol:

TonyD 11-15-2009 10:57 AM

[QUOTE=Fires Of Sedition;237819]and the security guard that looks like a huge steroid raged Willie Adler with short hair.[/QUOTE]

So you mean he doesn't look like Willie Adler at all?

mankvill 11-15-2009 11:25 AM

:nonono:

Shame on this thread.

bt11763 11-15-2009 12:49 PM

OP is a faggot. 'cept for the converge part, thats true

Natrlhi 11-15-2009 01:02 PM

[QUOTE=mankvill;237880]:nonono:

Shame on this thread.[/QUOTE]

:agree:

Converge, High on Fire, MASTOfuckingDONG - who doesn't like at least one of those?!?

BlackmoreOfBowling 11-15-2009 01:20 PM

Troll thread/10

idrinkwine732 11-15-2009 01:29 PM

[QUOTE=mankvill;237880]:nonono:

Shame on this thread.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=bt11763;237904]OP is a faggot. 'cept for the converge part, thats true[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Natrlhi;237911]:agree:

Converge, High on Fire, MASTOfuckingDONG - who doesn't like at least one of those?!?[/QUOTE]

Seriously.

DethMaiden 11-15-2009 01:33 PM

I don't support this thread poster's opinions at all, but I didn't want to go to this show at all. High on Fire are pretty cool live but I'm not really a fan, Converge DO suck dick, Mastodon are not a good live act (despite being a great band), and I'll do this thread one better and say Dethklok fucking suck. This was kind of an all-star tour of shit I don't want to see that the metal community loves right now. :lol:

Natrlhi 11-15-2009 03:28 PM

Well, I was treating this whole thing with a grain of salt until that crazyass DethMaiden showed up and made me want to get all serious and shit. :mad:
So here's the breakdown, motherfuckers. :D

High on Fire is pretty awesome live, but I will put one rather major qualifier on it - [I]if you are a fan of their music[/I]. I am. Hence, I've paid good money to see them twice, had a blast both times, and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Converge is a bit insane live. They are decent on album, but I can see how 9 out of 10 people would find them too intense and not their cup of tea. Fair enough. I was impressed with the amount of energy they brought live - I've seen them twice because they opened for other bands I wanted to see, so at least I know what I'm talking about. I also own a few of their CD's, but I don't play them much. I definitely wouldn't go so far as to say they suck. They do have quite a few douchebag fans, but that's really neither here nor there. All bands have some douchebag fans.

Mastodon with Brent as a drunkard was probably a big letdown. I'm sorry some of you had to see that - but seriously, GET THE FUCK OVER IT. People make mistakes. Sometimes they fix those mistakes. Time will tell if Brent stays the course, but I can tell you this much - I saw them last May for my first time, with Brent sober (or "close enough", as far as I could tell), and I was hella impressed. I had a blast. To say that Mastodon is a shitty live band is a little bit extreme (and as far as from my admittedly limited perspective only seeing them once, I would say that it is a downright ludicrous statement - but again, I've only seen them once). Like I say, they entertained the bejeezus out of me, and I'm not always that easily entertained, so take that how you will.

...and finally, I still haven't seen Dethklok live, so I wouldn't know shit about that. I'm not arrogant enough to throw an opinion out there if I don't know what I'm talking about, so I'm not saying anything about Dethklok live (although I have [B][I]heard[/I][/B] that they are surprisingly good live, for a backing band to a fucking cartoon.

In summary:

HoF live = awesome, if you are a fan
Converge live (or otherwise) = an acquired taste
Mastodon live (Brent drunk) = disappointing?
Mastodon live (Brent sober) = made me holla
Dethklok live = potential for fun, but who knows?

[I]"Don't need no hateration, holleration
In this dance-ary..."

Mary J. Blige[/I]

[/rant]