WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Eluveitie -- Chicago, IL -- November 10th, 2009 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=11851)

bassmasta257 11-11-2009 02:28 PM

Eluveitie -- Chicago, IL -- November 10th, 2009

This was my first true folk metal concert and i have to say it was absolutly amazing, every band was truely unique and talented and there was a good variety so i never got bored at all. Plus the venue was like as tiny as a 4 year olds penis and i love small venues, i was right in front of the stage for every band except Alestorm

Kivimetsan Druidi played 5 songs i think, including a new one, but i am not familiar with any of thier work. I kinda dig the chick vocals tho

Vreid was pretty awesome, i love black metal especially the style bands like them have (probably my favorite black metal band being Taake) but im not very familiar but i know they played Raped By Night and Milorg.

Alestorm...what can i say, anyone that has seen these pirates live knows how it is, CRAZY! they killed, it was extremly entertaining and fun dancing around, definatly one of the funnest moshing experiences ive had.

1) The Quest
2) Wenches And Mead
3) That Famous Ol’ Spice
4) Nancy The Tavern Wench (Admiral Nobeard from Swashbuckle came out and sung the chorus)
5) Over The Seas
6) Keelhauled (a bunch of guys came out on stage wearing a shark and a fish costume and put pink glasses on Chris, he was all WTF)
7) Captain Morgan’s Revenge
8) Wolves of The Sea

Next was Belphegor, i was pumped as hell because i am a huge fan! They were intense and powerful and according to Helmuth they hated us because we have swine flu...

1) Bleeding Salvation
2) Seyn Todt In Schwartz
3) Hell's Ambassador
4) Lucifer Incestus
5) Walpurgis Rites
6) Stigma Diabolicum
7) Justine: Soaked In Blood
8) Reichswehr In Blood
9) Bondage Goat Zombie

Eluveitie was by far the best band there, they are my favorite folk metal band and this wud be my 1st time seeing them and they did not dissapoint! Altho they had sound mixing issues at first they quickly sorted them out and were amazing! I was glad to see them play 2 acoustic songs, he gave us the choice if we wanted to hear more metal or some acoustic and pretty much the whole place yelled for acoustic.

1) Primordial Breath
2) Bloodstained Ground
3) Your Gaulish War:rocker:
4) Slania's Song
5) Brictom
6) Omnos
7) Inis Mona
8) Uis Elveti
9) Grey Sublime Archon
10) Dominion (New Song, it was good as hell)
11) Andro
----------
12) The Somber Lay

they unfortunatly only had time for one encore, thankfully is was one of my favorite songs

all in all, it was one crazy awesome night, if this tour is comning anywhere near you YOU NEED TO GO! :D

GameFreac 11-11-2009 04:38 PM

No Song of Life?

I thought they were playing it.

xStructualDefect 11-11-2009 04:40 PM

[QUOTE=GameFreac;237241]No Song of Life?

I thought they were playing it.[/QUOTE]

probably changing their setlist up daily.

GameFreac 11-11-2009 06:46 PM

Well isn't that just dumb.

the chewbacca defense 11-11-2009 08:31 PM

going tonight. It should def be a fun expierence thats for damn sure.