WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Dethklok -- New York, NY -- October 29th, 2009 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=11705)

Polock91 10-29-2009 11:24 PM

Dethklok -- New York, NY -- October 29th, 2009

This had to be the best time I've ever seen Mastodon. High on Fire were great, I missed a couple of their songs, so I didn;t bother posting their set. Converge I could not care any less about, so, I don't know any of their set. Mastodon, however, were absolutely incredible. I'm pissed the played the Emerald in Boston and not here; I needed to hear that, but oh well...... The set, as all the others pages have had, was as follows:

Oblivion
Divinations
Quintessence
The Czar
Ghost of Karelia
Crack The Skye
The Last Baron
---------------
Circle of Cysquatch
Aqua Dementia
Where Strides The Behemoth
Mother Puncher
The Bit (Melvins cover)

Over all, it was really cool seeing Crack the Sky live. I agree that it would be weird to hear just a couple songs from that album. I can't just listen to one at a time, I have to hear the entire album if I start it, so it was really cool to see it live. During the last song, some guy dressed up as a Yeti and started running around the stage. It was definitely one of the most memorable performances I've seen this year.

Dethklok were on last. They were a real surprise. I've been a fan of the show for a while, but Brendon Small and the rest of the people on the stage are much more talented than they show. Everything they played matched up perfectly with the screen behind them. Not one problem with their set. I would have loved to hear Go Forth and Die from the first album, or even Cyborg Slayers from the most recent, but, it did not disappoint, nonetheless. Dethklok's set was as follows:

Detheme
Bloodlines
Burn The Earth
Hatredcopter
Black Fire Upon Us
Birthday Dethday
Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle
Dethsupport
Awaken
The Gears
Murmaider
Thunderhorse
------ENCORE-------
Go Into The Water
Fansong

TonyD 10-29-2009 11:36 PM

[QUOTE=Polock91;235133]
The Bit (Melvins cover)
[/QUOTE]

[B]FUCK[/B]

bt11763 10-29-2009 11:53 PM

that was quick lol. im pretty sure HOF had the same exact set as the rest of the tour, but they were still fucking amazing. Converge....was terrible. the first song sounded like three people playing different songs at the same time with the vocalist clucking like a chicken in between. Mastodon blew my mind, the bit sounded fucking spectacular. dethklok was brutal as shit, funny too. totally worth it.

Happy Bunny 10-30-2009 07:36 AM

I'm hitting the show tonight and can't wait!

What time did you make it into the Hammer?
I wanna make sure to see all of HoF.

bt11763 10-30-2009 09:55 AM

it was weird there was almost no one there when i got there, we literally showed up at like 6:20 because we missed the earlier train and walked right in. your show is sold out so idk what its gonna be like, show up like 30-45 mins early and check it out. i missed BTBAM last year because i was a little late and Hammerstein took forever to let everyone in.

Happy Bunny 10-30-2009 10:00 AM

Right on, thanks!
So at 6:20, HoF hadn't come on yet? If so, I think I'll be good. Thanks again!

bt11763 10-30-2009 02:57 PM

fuck i wish i had enough money to get the high on fire reefer madness shirt. and of course its not online:mad::mad:

Polock91 10-30-2009 03:11 PM

I got there right at the end of the song before Frost Hammer, which is a fantastic song, all around

idrinkwine732 10-30-2009 03:53 PM

[QUOTE=TonyD;235134][B]FUCK[/B][/QUOTE]

That was my exact same reaction...I'm still keeping hope.

Statutory-Mike 10-30-2009 05:08 PM

I have to say I enjoyed all of the bands last night. High on Fire blew me away, Converge were alright, Mastodon were incredible, and Dethklok were hilarious and had the perfect mix. Overall terrific night, I really wish I was going tonight too.