WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Megadeth -- Osaka, Japan -- October 19th, 2009 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=11641)

ijwthstd 10-21-2009 09:10 AM

Megadeth -- Osaka, Japan -- October 19th, 2009

Megadeth
Live at Namba Hatch Osaka, Japan
Oct 19, 2009

Setlist

01 Set The World Afire
02 Wake Up Dead
03 Hangar 18
04 Skin O' My Teeth
05 Headcrusher
06 She-Wolf
07 In My Darkest Hour
08 Tornado of Souls
09 1,320
10 Devil's Island
11 Kick The Chair
12 Sweating Bullets
13 Take No Prisoners
14 Rattlehead
15 Peace Sells
-band introductions-
16 Holy Wars... The Punishment Due
17 Symphony Of Destruction (with Akira Takasaki of Loudness)

IrritatedTrout 10-21-2009 09:32 AM

It's good to see Headcrusher, 1,320, Rattlehead, and Devils Island in there but I don't know why Dave insists on dragging Kick the Chair around with him. Extraordinarily overplayed, almost as much as Sleepwalker (which has thankfully been dropped). It's cool that he does something from TSHF but how about Blackmail the Universe (an amzing opener in 06), Die Dead Enough, or The Scorpion?

JRA 10-21-2009 10:58 AM

Fuck that, Die Dead Enough and Scorpion are terrible songs.

TonyD 10-21-2009 11:05 AM

[QUOTE=JRA;233964]Fuck that, Die Dead Enough and Scorpion are terrible songs.[/QUOTE]

They're definitely subpar Megadeth, but I would rather hear Of Mice and Men if you're going with the System or "melodic" songs.

maidenpriest 10-21-2009 12:01 PM

ive never seen megadeth so if they were to play kick the chair i would not mind at all. but i would definitely prefer blackmail the universe.

Maidenmagic 10-21-2009 01:04 PM

[QUOTE=TonyD;233966]They're definitely subpar Megadeth, but I would rather hear Of Mice and Men if you're going with the System or "melodic" songs.[/QUOTE]

I would rather here both those songs than "Of mice and men" Back in the day is a good song from System.

Sanitarium78 10-21-2009 06:13 PM

I don't mind Kick The Chair at all. It's one of the modern day songs that sounds like older Megadeth that's probably why he plays it. It's a short song that rocks so there's no real issue with me when they do it. I'm still surprised that they're not opening the shows with Dialectic Chaos/This Day We Fight. I thought for sure that's how Dave was gonna open the shows this tour but you can't really argue with Set The World Afire as the opener since it's just awesome in that spot and one of their best songs ever. Dave can get rid of Wake Up Dead anytime he wants now as far as i'm conserned. It's an OK song but I just never understood why it's been a set stable for the most part since Peace Sells was realeased.

I'm still thinking Endgame and 44 minutes will find their way into a regular spot on the tour. Is 44 mins gonna be a single it deffinately has the sound to be one

Epidemic Reign 10-21-2009 08:10 PM

[QUOTE=Maidenmagic;233983]I would rather here both those songs than "Of mice and men" Back in the day is a good song from System.[/QUOTE]

I'd go with Back in the Day or Truth Be Told.

300%_Density 10-21-2009 09:18 PM

I would prob have to go w/ "Blackmail" as well off System.

Since alot of these recent shows haven't had much off Endgame I'm still sure the US shows will. And I hope they open up w/ This Day We Fight. I kinda figure they will. Then after them playing a week everybody will then get pissed about all the new songs that are being played. It's a vicious cycle.

Sanitarium78 10-22-2009 06:19 PM

You could have this set just take out Wake Up Dead(way to overplayed) and She-Wolf and add 44 mins, Dialectic Chaos/This Day We Fight and Endgame and I wouldn't mind that set at all. They've only been playing like 4 new songs live a night anyways the last few tours. Since anything off the first album is so rare live I think Dave might even cut out Rattlehead in favor of a new one.