WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Moonspell -- New York, NY -- October 18th, 2009 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=11621)

JuuKun 10-19-2009 11:46 AM

Moonspell -- New York, NY -- October 18th, 2009

AMAZING set from Moonspell, well worth the wait and the drive. If you have a chance to go, GO. Full review probably coming soon. Changed up the set a little.

1. At Tragic Heights
2. Night Eternal
3. Finisterra
4. The Southern Deathstyle
5. Wolfshade (A Werewolf Masquerade)
6. Opium
7. Scorpion Flower
8. Nocturna
9. Moon In Mercury
10. Vampiria
11. Mephisto
12. Alma Mater
------------------------------
13. Awake
14. Full Moon Madness

(Also, Secrets of the Moon blew me away)

SerpentineVIVIVI 10-19-2009 12:13 PM

Kickass set, a friend of mine went there, I wonder what the thought of the show. Great set regardless!

AnglOvDeth 10-19-2009 01:34 PM

Oh yes! Can't wait for Nov. 2!!!!!! I'll let ya know if there are any changes from the Tempe show... but damn, I hope not!
:party:

Bloodcurse 10-19-2009 05:01 PM

What the fuck?!?! We didn't get "Awake" in Allentown!!! :(

Subliminal 10-19-2009 05:21 PM

Amazing Night

[QUOTE=JuuKun;233620]AMAZING set from Moonspell, well worth the wait and the drive. If you have a chance to go, GO. Full review probably coming soon. Changed up the set a little.

1. At Tragic Heights
2. Night Eternal
3. Finisterra
4. The Southern Deathstyle
5. Wolfshade (A Werewolf Masquerade)
6. Opium
7. Scorpion Flower
8. Nocturna
9. Moon In Mercury
10. Vampiria
11. Mephisto
12. Alma Mater
------------------------------
13. Awake
14. Full Moon Madness

(Also, Secrets of the Moon blew me away)[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. This show was mind-blowing! Secrets of the moon was quite interesting, Moonspell was unbelievable! I was right in the front, a few inches from the guitarist and bassist. Extreme headbanging was going on :rocker:
I loved it, vampiria was amazing and they ended the show with full moon madness. Excellent Performance.

JuuKun 10-19-2009 05:42 PM

[QUOTE=Bloodcurse;233697]What the fuck?!?! We didn't get "Awake" in Allentown!!! :([/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was quite surprised when Fernando said that they had two more to play for us, both off of Irreligious, since the setlist posted from Tampa had had "Blood Tells" in that spot. That, as well as "Nocturna", were pleasant surprises :party:

AnglOvDeth 10-19-2009 08:12 PM

[QUOTE=Bloodcurse;233697]What the fuck?!?! We didn't get "Awake" in Allentown!!! :([/QUOTE]

MUST... PLAY... AWAKE... in TEMPE!!!!!! :drool:

AnglOvDeth 10-20-2009 01:14 AM

Hey, by the way...
Did they have a female vocalist on stage for Scorpion Flower? If so, do you know who it was?
If not, that sucks.

JuuKun 10-20-2009 02:14 AM

[QUOTE=AnglOvDeth;233771]Hey, by the way...
Did they have a female vocalist on stage for Scorpion Flower? If so, do you know who it was?
If not, that sucks.[/QUOTE]

That was one of my few complaints of the night. I would have really liked a female vocalist, or even just to eliminate the female vocals entirely and just have Fernando sing, but they played Anneke's vocals over the PA.

beyondtheblack 10-20-2009 03:33 AM

I would have complained over not having Blood Tells on this setlist, not about Anneke von whatever and a sleezy ballad.