WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Metallica -- Cleveland, OH -- October 15th, 2009 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=11580)

andrew_metalhead 10-15-2009 07:46 PM

Metallica -- Cleveland, OH -- October 15th, 2009

Source: Same as always, metontour.

That Was Just Your Life
The End Of The Line
Harvester Of Sorrow
The Shortest Straw :rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:
Fade To Black :rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:
Broken, Beat And Scarred
Cyanide
Sad But True
One
The Judas Kiss :rocker::rocker::rocker:
The Day That Never Comes
Master Of Puppets
Dyers Eve :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
- - - - - - - -
Last Caress
Hit The Lights
Seek and Destroy

Jochen 10-15-2009 08:12 PM

That's a good one, Harvester, Straw, and Fade in a row? Wow.

IrritatedTrout 10-15-2009 09:45 PM

Killer set, I'd love something like that on Saturday.

petrovar 10-16-2009 04:49 AM

Yeah, I was there. Awesome set, especially having Harvester of Sorrow, Shortest Straw AND Fade to Black in a row!

It was interesting though that in the middle of The Day That Never Comes, James yelled out to one side of the stage asking if they could hear him. He then proceeded to stop the song because apparently the PA went out on a quarter of the arena. So after a few minutes, they started back up again, but they lowered one of the coffins so two techs could fix the issue. It was kind of weird seeing a ladder in the middle of the stage helping techs on top of a coffin while Metallica was playing. Very much a "Spinal Tap" moment.

Great show overall. Gojira was awesome and Lamb of God killed it.

mzinn85 10-16-2009 07:59 AM

I was there too it was amazaing. I loved that they played a bunch of an justice for all.

erikur 10-16-2009 09:59 AM

This must be the first time in years that they played more Justice songs than Black Album songs. Awesome! :rocker:

HackedUpForBBQ 10-16-2009 10:14 AM

Four from And Justice..... and the title track wasn't one of them??? That's just blasphemy

Sanitarium78 10-16-2009 01:19 PM

[QUOTE=HackedUpForBBQ;233175]Four from And Justice..... and the title track wasn't one of them??? That's just blasphemy[/QUOTE]

No it isn't considering Justice has never been a set regular since that tour. If it was a regular I would understand the "blasphemy" argument but since it's not it doesn't really work.

The band has said in interviews that they don't do it a lot because it's too long and tiring to play it live. They even thought that 20 years ago when they were in their mid 20's I can only imagine how they feel about playing it now that their all well into their 40's.

Just don't get your hopes up of them playing a song that they have a 98 percent chance of not doing anyways. It'll just help you from being let down when it's not played.

For those saying how cool it is that they did Harvester, Straw and Fade in a row I just wanna say I was fortunate enough to see these three songs in a row my first time I saw them with GNR in the summer of 92. The only difference was Straw came before Harvester. The same songs just a different order and Creping Death was the opener played before Straw.