WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Kiss -- Washington, D.C. -- October 13th, 2009 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=11571)

IrritatedTrout 10-14-2009 12:43 PM

Kiss -- Washington, D.C. -- October 13th, 2009

1. Deuce
2. Strutter
3. Let Me Go, Rock 'N' Roll
4. Hotter Than Hell (Gene blows fire)
5. Got To Choose
6. Modern Day Delilah ("We're playin' a lot of classics tonight, but not all classics are old":lol:)
7. C'mon And Love Me
8. She
- Tommy's Solo (he shoots down part of the lights)
9. Parasite
10. 100,000 Years / Eric's spinning drum riser solo / 100,000 Cont.
-Gene spits blood, flies above stage
11. I Love It Loud
- Paul's Stairway to Heaven bit
12. Black Diamond
13. Rock And Roll All Nite (confetti snowstorm, arena was freakin covered in the stuff)

Encore:
14. Shout It Out Loud
15. Lick It Up
16. Cold Gin
17. Love Gun
18. Detroit Rock City

Absolutely stellar show.:party: I've never been a Kiss fan (hell, I've always been a believer in the "Ki$$ is a brand, not a band" mentality) but my friends wanted me to go to this show and I do enjoy a few of their tunes so I decided to go. Well, I can now say that I am a Kiss fan and will definitely go see them again on their next tour.

Buckcherry started the show and they were the definition of radio cock rock. Complete bullshit. Talentless wankers. Not even worth mentioning further.

"You wanted the best, you got the best. The hottest band in the world, KISS!" BOOM! Talk about making an entrance, I lost count of how many fireworks, flame jets, and sparks they used throughout the night. The band was tight and interacted with the audience a lot. My friend's dad is in the Kiss Army so he got us presale tickets and they were amazing seats. We were the first section on Tommy's side of the stage and second row. We were watching the whole thing sideways but Kiss's stage is pretty flat so there was nothing in the way and we had a fantastic view. Tommy was only a few feet away most of the night, and Paul took off during Love Gun from about 5 feet away. Gene only came over once but he was pissed when he saw the fucks in the row in front of us. they were all sitting down for the fuckin show! He came over and yelled at them to stand up, most did but 3 people just ignored him. He reiterated his command and the douches just sat there playing with their iPhones.:eek: He looked really hacked after that. Me and my friend's couldn't believe it, when Gene tells you to stand at his show you do it.:hmm: Anyways, they may be getting up there in years but they were all very powerful performers, Gene played the role of the Demon very convincingly, Paul really made it feel like an intimate show with all of his chatting, and Tommy and Eric were col too.

Favorite moments:

-Tommy's "rocket" shooting guitar
-Eric's rotating drum kit
-The confetti canons
-Gene spitting blood and flying above the arena
-Love Gun, Shout It Out Loud, and Rock and Roll All Nite were the best songs of the night

Least favorite:

-The crowd SUCKED. The guy mentioned above didn't stand up or take his eyes away from his phone once (not even when stuff exploded, wtf?). Over half of the people in our section just sat in their seats the whole time. There was an old lady there (she looked at least 70) and she was rocking harder than anyone in the row in front of us.
-I just barely missed getting one of Paul's picks.
-Gene only came over to our side once the whole night.
-They dropped King of the Night Time World.:(

I highly recommend seeing this tour, tickets are expensive but they play for 2 hours and they have an unbeilievable stage show. They might love taking your money but they also like to give you a lot of bang for those bucks.

deathx88 10-14-2009 06:50 PM

wow sounds like an amazing show, glad your a kiss fan now.

gonna see them in a week, i hope they do everything you described, i might not even drink for this one

jhdeity 10-15-2009 04:57 AM

Great review. I was offered a free ticket to 6 flags to party with the Caps players or a ticket to Kiss for $100 and took the freebie. As great as Kiss was, riding roller coasters in the pitch black and being able to stay on and ride again is as priceless of a moment as I've had in my life. Meeting one of the best hockey players of all time was the icing on the cake.

I saw a bunch of pics on facebook of people who paid to meet Kiss and it looked like a cool scene. They are money grubbers but they give you what you want and what you paid for so they still rule in my book.

I just put my Gene Simmons Destroyer era costume and a gold record on ebay so hopefully I at least get what I paid for them with all the hype around the band right now.

metalrulez 10-15-2009 06:41 PM

[QUOTE=deathx88;232958]wow sounds like an amazing show, glad your a kiss fan now.

gonna see them in a week, i hope they do everything you described, i might not even drink for this one[/QUOTE]

always drink for every one.....

and everyone.....

i saw kiss at mohegan sun in connecticut with buckcherry about two weeks ago... i couldn't recall the setlist as i wasn't a very big fan. i didn't know much of their stuff, but it was a hell of an experience. their stage presence was awesome, the confetti, shooting comet guitar, solos, gene's blood and flying through the air... it was all awesome. i have never seen a band get so into the showmanship. the only thing i also saw is that paul went across the arena on a zip line and played detroit rock city? from a stage that popped up in the middle of the audience. they were truly awesome and would definately see them again. so i am also a new kiss fan now!!

buckcherry was okay, though i am keeping in mind that they are pretty new as compared to 35 years of kiss' touring experience. they were a little too raunchy for my 12 year old's first concert, but whatever.... he's gotta grow up sometime.

the last thing to note was that on my way out, the president/ceo of sony music (mariah carey's ex-husband) was hanging out at the soundboard. he seemed like a nice guy though he is only like 5 feet tall.... okay, who cares...

ijwthstd 10-16-2009 09:48 AM

[QUOTE=IrritatedTrout;232891]I highly recommend seeing this tour, [B]tickets are expensive [/B]but they play for 2 hours and they have an unbeilievable stage show. They might love taking your money but they also like to give you a lot of bang for those bucks.[/QUOTE]

Actually some cities have a $15-20 ticket option.

Fratt 10-26-2009 03:54 PM

[QUOTE]-The crowd SUCKED. The guy mentioned above didn't stand up or take his eyes away from his phone once (not even when stuff exploded, wtf?). Over half of the people in our section just sat in their seats the whole time. There was an old lady there (she looked at least 70) and she was rocking harder than anyone in the row in front of us.[/QUOTE]

See, that's the crappy part with big shows like this. I went to Metallica and I felt the same, sure the crowd were really into Metallica, but it was clear they weren't Metal fans. There was so many random people, it looked like a normal, casual show for the whole family.

I prefer paying 30$ to see Ensiferum with an ace crowd than paying 110$ to see Met with a crappy crowd, that's what I learnt.

End of the Cool Story Bro :P