WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Whitechapel -- Richmond, VA -- October 12th, 2009 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=11556)

PROMETHERION 10-13-2009 08:45 AM

Whitechapel -- Richmond, VA -- October 12th, 2009

This one is dedicated to Fires of Sedition

Intro
This Is Exile
Exalt
Somatically
Daemon
Prostatic
Vicer
Possession
Of Legions
Father of Lies
Eternal Refuge

Crowd was very into Whitechapel, a lot of jumping/Moshing, etc. Dirge Within got the show kicked off right doing a good job in warming everyone up. Darkest Hour was also very good. Whitechapel came on and immediately started kicking ass, of course there were some there that looked like they should have been chopping wood. I did wind up getting a pick that was tossed in the middle of the set that nobody noticed on the floor. Trivium was extremely good, the think I liked was the 5 microphones on the stage so they didn't have to stand in one place the whole show. Matt also ran off stage and played in the crowd a few times.

Since this was the last show on this tour, at the end of the show the drummer threw out a bunch of his drum heads, Trivium basiclly emptied their whole stash of picks in which I was able to catch one of Corey's. Trivium was selling after show meet and greet passes for $20, shirts and hats were $25, CD's were $15.

Fires Of Sedition 10-13-2009 08:56 AM

[QUOTE=PROMETHERION;232708]This one is dedicated to Fires of Sedition[/QUOTE]

Hahaha. Thank you. I'm very honored.

[QUOTE=PROMETHERION;232708]meet and greet passes for $20[/QUOTE]

Ha! I met them for FREE.

b_halperin 10-13-2009 04:32 PM

:flame:

BootScraper 10-13-2009 05:06 PM

I was at this show...very dissapointed in the turnout. I saw trivium the last time they were in richmond with all that remains and im pretty sure it was sold out. this show was maybe half capacity. From what ive heard a lot of stops on the tour were like that. I think they need support bands that are more their style or more well known if they are gonna headline a tour. They should get better sales with chaimara supporting

Fires Of Sedition 10-13-2009 11:38 PM

They are going to be in Tulsa with Chimaira on December 5..but Vader will be in Tulsa the same day...so fuck that shit!

mastodon421 10-14-2009 10:41 AM

[QUOTE=BootScraper;232789]I was at this show...very dissapointed in the turnout. I saw trivium the last time they were in richmond with all that remains and im pretty sure it was sold out. this show was maybe half capacity. From what ive heard a lot of stops on the tour were like that. I think they need support bands that are more their style or more well known if they are gonna headline a tour. They should get better sales with chaimara supporting[/QUOTE]

I don't really think thats they are popular enough to headline at decent-sized venues. They proably will sell beter with Chimaira on the 2nd leg because they better established than Darkest Hour but i dont think it will make that much of a difference. Just my:2cents:

hellawaits77ny 10-15-2009 09:14 PM

[QUOTE=mastodon421;232864]I don't really think thats they are popular enough to headline at decent-sized venues. They proably will sell beter with Chimaira on the 2nd leg because they better established than Darkest Hour but i dont think it will make that much of a difference. Just my:2cents:[/QUOTE]

It might help a little. The thing is though, I figure Whitechapel would be a decent draw. They have a decent following, especially w/ the kids.

BootScraper 10-15-2009 09:58 PM

whitechapel would be a good draw if they werent playing with trivium...not saying trivium is bad but most people who listen to whitechapel dont really listen to trivium...two completely different styles of metal. I thought it was funny though, whitechapel kept calling for a circle pit. They should know their fans well enough to know that hardcore kids are allergic to circle pits.

xStructualDefect 10-16-2009 02:52 AM

[QUOTE=BootScraper;233111]whitechapel would be a good draw if they werent playing with trivium...not saying trivium is bad but most people who listen to whitechapel dont really listen to trivium...two completely different styles of metal. I thought it was funny though, whitechapel kept calling for a circle pit. They should know their fans well enough to know that hardcore kids are allergic to circle pits.[/QUOTE]

you make a very good point. i highly doubt a lot of Whitechapel fans went to this tour because they don't like Trivium. now if they were playing with bands like All Shall Perish, Suicide Silence, Emmure, or some deathcore bullshit they'd be there in a heartbeart.

lol about the circle pit. funny how Darkest Hour easily got really active circle pits, then Whitechapel comes on asks for one and get no response.

PROMETHERION 10-16-2009 09:17 AM

[QUOTE=BootScraper;233111]whitechapel kept calling for a circle pit. They should know their fans well enough to know that hardcore kids are allergic to circle pits.[/QUOTE]

yeah, Darkest Hour did get a couple good circle pits going, if you noticed Whitechapel's vocalist jumped in the pit during Trivium