WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Metallica -- Winnipeg, Manitoba -- October 12th, 2009 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=11550)

eyekantspele 10-12-2009 10:02 PM

Metallica -- Winnipeg, Manitoba -- October 12th, 2009

That Was Just Your Life
The End Of The Line
For Whom The Bell Tolls :rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:
The Memory Remains
One
Broken, Beat And Scarred
Cyanide
Sad But True
The Unforgiven (They teased The Call Of Ktulu at the beginning) :rocker:
All Nightmare Long
The Day That Never Comes
Master Of Puppets
Damage, Inc. :rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
- - - - - - - -
Helpless :rocker:
Whiplash :rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:
Seek and Destroy

I was there! Fucking awesome show. Better than the last time i saw them. Bellz, Damage Inc, Whiplash were totally awesome!

hellawaits77ny 10-12-2009 10:38 PM

Nice

Solid setlist there

JRA 10-12-2009 11:10 PM

I think Nothing Else Matters should be replaced by Unforgiven for the rest of the tour.

HackedUpForBBQ 10-13-2009 11:05 AM

One of the better sets this tour! Whiplash, Bells AND Damage Inc??? Amazing

Sanitarium78 10-13-2009 11:08 AM

[QUOTE=JRA;232663]I think Nothing Else Matters should be replaced by Unforgiven for the rest of the tour.[/QUOTE]

I always thought NEM should be replaced by Fade To Black in every set. But if they're really hell bent on doing something soft off the Black album in that spot then Unforgiven is the way to go and not the horribly overrated and over played NEM.

I wonder if the sing along part during Memory sounds as cool in America as it does on some of the live recordings i've heard of it in Europe? I really doubt it though.

Dextrimental 10-13-2009 11:21 AM

[QUOTE=Sanitarium78;232736]I always thought NEM should be replaced by Fade To Black in every set. But if they're really hell bent on doing something soft off the Black album in that spot then Unforgiven is the way to go and not the horribly overrated and over played NEM.

I wonder if the sing along part during Memory sounds as cool in America as it does on some of the live recordings i've heard of it in Europe? I really doubt it though.[/QUOTE]

The thing is, as awesome as Unforgiven and Fade to Black are, the lyrics in Nothing Else Matters are an anthem for Metallica shows, I mean the song was written as a big sing along for people to feel united. Fade to Black and Unforgiven wouldn't have the same effect live I don't think, Iv only seen Fade and I know the crowd reacted better to Nothing Else Matters.

As for Memory, Iv heard some cool American recordings of it, but lik 7 out of 10 were really strong, in Europe EVERY Memory sing along sounds huge, that iv heard anyway :)

eyekantspele 10-13-2009 04:01 PM

Yes the singing was very loud for Memory. It was really loud for Bellz too. Metallica set the record attendance last night for the MTS Centre which is about 5 years old now.

xStructualDefect 10-13-2009 05:02 PM

[QUOTE=JRA;232663]I think Nothing Else Matters should be replaced by Unforgiven for the rest of the tour.[/QUOTE]

agreed. i think if they're gonna play a slow song off Black album it should be Unforgiven, not both that and NEM.

Strobic Axe 10-14-2009 09:48 AM

Any setlist for LoG?

Pukemonmaster 10-16-2009 10:22 PM

Does anyone know the setlist for Gojira. I was there but I only remember hearing Vacuity. lol